cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet down

Dalecooper1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

My internet first went down last week on Thursday. It came back up on the Friday morning. I hoped it was a temporary outage. That Thursday evening I spent two hours fruitlessly talking to an agent. My internet went down again this Monday morning and I spent an hour talking to an agent who said I’d be called. I contacted the team again on the chat at 4pm and was talking for two hours running through tests. I really am tired of speaking to these agents as I’m not getting anywhere. I need to get an engineer to come look at the fault or speak to someone. Does anyone have any guidance on the next step to getting this issue resolved? 

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 21 of 50

I'm just not really sure what to make of it? A bit worried it's going to go out again? 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 50

I don't know, from our side the connection looks stable. You could have a crossed line but you would need a telephone to check this

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 50

And there's still no internet connection?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 50

Okay the internet has returned??? but I'm kind of wary because this is the second time within the space of about a week that the internet cut off. Any idea as to why that could have happened?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 50

actually the light has kind of vanished now. no idea why. Originally it was flashing. 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 50

I don't use the telephone line? I don't have a telephone installed. 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 50

Are you able to borrow a telephone to check the line. If you have a dial tone could you call 17070 and confirm that the telephone number read back to you is your telephone number

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 50

Orange and flashing. 

0 Likes

Message 29 of 50

OK. From our side it looks as though the internet connection is up and working. What colour is the light on the router at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 50

No. Im not sure who they’re with but they are different internet providers 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 50

Are both neighbours with TalkTalk?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 50

Is it worth trying to find out if the outages happened  at the same time? 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 50

OK. I'd see how it goes with the new router and if still not working we can arrange an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 50

Yeah their internet is also down. I don’t actually know specifically when it happened it might’ve been a day or so after mine went down? We both asked to borrow our neighbours wifi on Tuesday and he mentioned it 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 50

Is your neighbour's internet connection down too? Did the issue start at the same time that yours did?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 50

Dear Debbie,

I’ve got a neighbour also having issues with their wifi connection . This might mean there’s an issue with the internet box outside the house? 

0 Likes

Message 37 of 50

Hi Sarah

If you experience the same fault with the replacement router then please let us know here and we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 38 of 50

Hi Sarah

Yes, please let us know how the connection is with the replacement router connected.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 50

dear Debbie if that doesn't work do I then need to get back in touch/reach an engineer? 

Message 40 of 50

Thanks. Next step is to try this router, then report back? 

0 Likes