cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet keeps dropping

Kssquared
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

My internet has been dropping a lot over the last few days making working from home a real challenge.  Please could I get some support to resolve whatever is causing it.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

We would have to cancel your current appointment and try to rebook but this is unfortunately more likely to leave you with a later appointment rather than an earlier one

Chris

0 Likes

Kssquared
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

They said it was the earliest but people do cancel.  Are you able to check if anything has changed ?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Kssquared,

They would usually book the earliest appointment available, did they tell you this?

Chris

0 Likes

Kssquared
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Morning. I landed up calling the call centre last night and they are sending an engineer. Disappointingly only on Tuesday !!  I don’t suppose you could help expedite this ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

If there's a crackle on the line then we'll need to look into this first as it could be causing the disconnections. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router and one telephone?

Does your master socket have a test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Chris, the line is working but is a bit crackly.  Any idea when someone could look at it as since I posted this, we have been disconnected a few more times 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Kssquared,

Line test is picking up a potential issue and I can see that there have been some disconnections. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes