cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issue with connecting to VPN

Jaz13
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

I'm getting an issue while connecting to office VPN. It was working fine from last two years. Seems like there is an update on router last night and unable to connected to VPN.

Can I see many other people raising the same issue.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi @Pootle Sheffield

I have posted on your topic on the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Pootle Sheffield
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 18

Hi, thanks for this, I'll start a new post about my issue. Thanks for this. 

Flox

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 18

Hi @Pootle Sheffield,

You will need to create a new topic for the staff here to be able to help you, they try to stick to helping one customer per topic so the conversation does not get confused. 

When you create your new topic can you confirm what model of router you have, and what VPN client you are using.

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub, and you are using the built in Windows 10/11 VPN then you may well be suffering the same issue that a few customers have seen recently.

Message 4 of 18

Hi, I am also suffering from this issue, I can't seem to log onto my companies VPN network at all, it works when I go through my phone as a mobile hotspot, but nothing at all from my router - can you please send me a new router asap or resolve this problem asap too please.  Can someone @Debbie-TalkTalk or @Karl-TalkTalk please help and resolve this issue. Everything was working fine and my company IT Department informs me it is to do with Talk Talk, other people in my company are having the same issue, please do help me asap. Thanks for this. 

Flox
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Jaz13

I've checked and it appears that a change has been made to the firmware version.

Please can you continue to monitor this over the weekend and let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Jaz13
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 18

Yes it is working now.

Not using powerline adapters. Connected to router by ethernet and also uninstalled WAN Miniport adapters.

Can you please advise what was the issue - which is common with many other users. And what was an update on my router to fix this?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Jaz13

No further changes have been made. Is this now working?

0 Likes

Jaz13
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 18

Hi, have you made any more changes to router this morning?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Jaz13

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 18

@Suraj85 I've just posted in the topic you created, the staff here will be able to help you in that topic

0 Likes

Suraj85
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 18

I am having a vpn issue connecting too - it was ok yesterday 

0 Likes

Jaz13
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 18

Hi Karl,

I've reset the router and PC but still not connecting to VPN.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi

can you reboot everything including the router and see if the error is the same.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jaz13
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 18

Hi Karl,

Sorry still not connecting to VPN.

But error message is different now "You might to change the network settings for this connection"

Previously it was saying "The port used for this connection was closed"

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi Jaz13

I've made a change to the router, can you test and see if the VPN works.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jaz13
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Thanks Debbie, I've updated my profile with advised details.

And I'm using Window (built-in) VPN client and VPN type is PPTP

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi Jaz13

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile

Which VPN client are you using?

0 Likes