cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Line fault

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

i have an ongoing line fault as i have recently found my speed to of dropped , somehow can someone look into this

?

from accountfrom account

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi sirsimonuk

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 21

many thanks, ive now plugged it back into the normal phone socket as other phone was not getting a line [has a answerphone on it] all reset fine 

Message 3 of 21

Hi sirsimonuk

I've made a change to your router firmware, this should fix the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 21

Aha, that is a good clue. I take it you have the Huawei Hub black? In which case the support team should be able to push an update to the firmware which will resolve that, wait for them to respond again tomorrow. 

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 21

its been running fine until today at about 6pm it restarted itself log says

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

i am still connected to test socket for now also looking at the log said it did it 1.52am 28th  same message kernal panic 

also did this on 27th july at  2.45pm roughly  , again on the 23rd 8.51pm roughly , 22nd also 

fair few times last week its done this

Version v1.05t software version 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Morning,

How have you found the connection/speed since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi,

If the connection has been unstable then DLM will lower the speed to try and stabilise the connection. If the connection remains stable then DLM should hopefully increase the speed again. It may also be worth trying the test socket to see if there is any change in speed in this set up.

Thanks

0 Likes

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 21

ill keep my eye on it but think its been sorted now

while your here any idea why the upload is locked at 16.6 , if thats all the line can do then no problems curious as it used to be higher

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hello,

Ok thanks. If it does become unstable again then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for at least 48hrs to see how this compares please?

Thanks

0 Likes

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 21

i believe so under it , it does 

seems stable at the moment maybe was the exchange offering me the best speed for my line

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 21

last time it rebooted was 1hr 35minutes ago not by me as was asleep?, but been ok has not restarted itself since it did friday night then again 24hrs later

says 

Download: 61.67 Mbps

Upload: 16.60 Mbps

Current Connection time

Online for 0:01:37 day(s)

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi sirsimonuk

I've completed a line test and this is clear - No faults detected.

I can see a number of re connections on the line. Is the connection still dropping or has the router been rebooted?

0 Likes

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 21

everything was fine until mid week then its been restarting at least 1 time per day latest was about 27 minutes ago now 8.40pm

strange one , according to the dashboard says all is ok now? curious why is upload Upload: 16.60 Mbps when i first got Talktalk BB it was higher any reason

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Good morning,

Ok, no problem and thanks for the update. Please let us know if anything does change and we'd be happy to take another look for you.

Thanks 🙂

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 21

i did change the cable between the socket /filter to the router for a spare and the line speed says its now back at where it used to be so maybe it was a faulty cable? who knows but seems fine now thanks , keep an eye on it as the week goes by

Message 17 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now, one test is clear, however the other test is inconclusive, however the connection does look unstable. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Message 18 of 21

OK, just suggested checks as I said, otherwise the support team will hopefully pick this up tomorrow. 

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

dont think its me, maybe when the power went out several times weekend it maybe made the exchange thing something wrong with the connection and dropped the speed , but advanced line test on talktalks website did say issues found but didnt say what ?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

Have you tried connecting at the test socket? Have you noticed any noise on the phoneline? Subject to that, this has been flagged to the support team here and they will respond as soon as they can. 

0 Likes