cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Speech out of sync when streaming

Oscarchops
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I have fibre 24, my download speeds are usually around 24, upload around 3.

When watching streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime or YouTube the speech frequently stops and goes out of sync with the action. This is resolved, for a short time, by switching the router off and on but then happens again.

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

There are many cables available online these days, and for ethernet you should go with cat5e and upwards, Cat6 or Cat 7 etc will also be fine.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

The speech still dropped out on the TV. However when watching the same film on my laptop there were no issues. 
I’m going to start by upgrading my Ethernet cable, can you recommend one, it needs to be 5 meters long. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

OK, but before that, power off the router for 30 minutes and this will clear any stale session.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Thanks. I'll try other streaming devices this evening when the issue is usually at its worst.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

User is Toast.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi

this could be an internal issue with the TV, ethernet cables etc, so it is important to test on another device to see if this also happens, but first, I would suggest powering off the router for 30 minutes to start a new session. and if the issue continues, see if you can reset the TV from the menu and see if this clears the issue.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

The reality is I only use the smart tv when streaming.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi

Do you see the sound issue on any other devices when streaming. phone/tablet/laptop etc ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Oscarchops
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

It is a wired connection to a LG smart tv.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi

All line tests are clear, not seeing any issues with your connection.

What device are you using for streaming, and is this wired to the router or over wifi ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes