cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Mobile ‘Connected, no internet’

Helenlp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Posting on behalf of elderly parents:

my mum’s smartphone (with EE) can’t connect to her home wifi. All other devices can and her phone will connect elsewhere.

when it connects is says ‘Connect, no internet’. I’ve reset the mobile network settings and rebooted router and phone but it’s not resolved. EE say the phone is fine. 

any suggestions as to what I can do next? She’s going through her data like nobody’s business when she usually uses virtually nothing.

many thanks! 

Helen
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Helen

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Helen

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hello,

yes please, we might as well try that! 

thank you 😊 

Helen

Message 4 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

No, this hasn’t resolved the problem 

Helen
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

OK thanks. Could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest - please let us know if this resolves the problem

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Yes, and reset the network settings on the device. Also re-booted router a few times. 

Helen
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Sorry if this is a daft questions but have you tried just switching the mobile off completely and back on again?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi,

Yes, it’s the only one that won’t connect. Tablets, laptops, other mobiles are fine.

Her phone will connect elsewhere and was tested by staff in the EE shop. 

Helen
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi Helenlp,

I'm sorry to hear that you Mum is experiencing problems with her mobile. Is your mum's mobile the only device that won't connect to the Internet? Are there other devices that do connect?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Thanks!

Helen

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Staff will be back tomorrow, @Helenlp.

Ensure your profile is completed in Personal Information and add your parents equivalent details in Private Notes at the end of that section. SAVE CHANGES. 

This is in order to identify their account and further security checks may be necessary. 

You access the profile area via your avatar/name; settings. 

Tell them to leave the router switched on meanwhile. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes