cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Moved from Shell, trying to leave Talk talk

FredBloggs7
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 47

Has anyone just been transferred to Talk Talk from Shell/Octopus?  I was told by Shell that I could leave Talk Talk once we were moved over, with no financial penalty, although my contract doesn’t expire until 2026.  Spent 2 hours online with Talk Talk yesterday and they won’t budge.  Want to charge me £229 to leave.  

Is anyone in in the same position?  I’m going to take this to CISAS, as I don’t want to stay with Talk Talk - too many awful reviews.

46 REPLIES 46

Message 21 of 47

@Renlau 

Hi,
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.

I suggest if you have proof of what you are saying that you post this on your thread as indications from staff is that it is only billing that has been taken over for the duration of your remaining contract. 

If you leave early you incur a fee.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Renlau
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 47

I was also assured of this via shell and talktalk are now attempting to charge me a cancellation fee despite me not entering a contract with them, did you have any luck with the honouring your right to leave?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 47

@DJMarky, if you need support on the forum about this, please start your own thread.

Others who have posted here have been told that any duplication will indeed be refunded. 

Talktalk will have billed from the switch over date to the start of the billing cycle which will also cover the month ahead. 

There's a whole team of people dealing with the Shell accounts, and they are tidying up all the loose ends.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 24 of 47

Hi @DJMarky 
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

DJMarky
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 47

Hi..I transferred from Shell and Paid my last direct debit with them on 28th June this payment was an up front direct debit  for broadband in July but Talk Talk tried to charge me again for the  period of July. They said that the migration happend early in July I Tried to explain that i was paying twice for the same month but at first they would not admit it and told me that i didn't understand. After speaking to the persons manager they eventually came back and said i was right and they would take the July charge off. I anyone else is migrating from another supplier just make sure that your billing is correct

0 Likes

Message 26 of 47

HI Pammyflockhart

We have only taken over the billing of your service, we haven't made any physical changes to the line so your service will be unaffected.  

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 47

@Pammyflockhart ,

I'm not sure what you mean by "coverage".

Shell used TalkTalk's network to provide your broadband and landline services so the only change in transferring to TalkTalk will be the billing.

As all others have been advised, start your own topic if you are having issues you want help with.

0 Likes

Pammyflockhart
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 47

Yes so not happy I was with talk talk previously and not happy with the service so paid to get out of my contract. So I saw shell and had good coverage for my area now I'm with talk talk I'm now back to bad coverage 

0 Likes

Iamablob
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 47

Yes i have, all i did was ring talktalk gave them my details and asked them what deals they had available for me to stay as i am not in a contract with them.  Five mins later they gave me a good deal so i am in contract with them for two yrs.  Ring back and try again, the lady i spoke to was lovely  

0 Likes

Message 30 of 47

@Nita50 I have no knowledge of your Mum, so have absolutely no idea why you referenced me.

Please follow the advice offered by @Gliwmaeden2 if support is needed.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 47

@Nita50, on this forum, if you need support, please start your own thread.

It's really best if your mum posts in her own right. Staff then respond on the new thread. It can cause confusion when too many people jump on the same thread with "me too" comments, and the issue itself gets more prominence if individuals start their own thread and follow up on that one.

To start a topic, you return to the message board and click start a topic. 

It would help if she then explained what her original cost was with Shell and how it differs with Talktalk, as we cannot understand the what, why or wherefore without more detail. 

All breakdowns of bills are itemised in My Account, so this should be clear for the customer. 

It's also helpful to complete your community forum profile details so that staff can identify the account in question. 

Again, better that your mum does this for herself and joins the community in her own right. 

Personal Information details must never be posted in the public thread. You put them in the profile area of the forum, which only you and Talktalk staff can access.

0 Likes

Nita50
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 47

Hi, i totally agree with you & I'm disgusted. I'm so glad I seen your question.  My 74 Yr old mom has been scammed. Yes scammed.  I set up shell account because of price been affordable. She has paid on time, never missing a payment.  How dare they force her to pay such a big increase with out negotiation & agreement.  

If contracts are still viable then so should be the price agreed on signing contract.  As she has not broke the contract. They have !!!  

As for fr8ys. No my mom was not told she could leave as in contract, 

however she was NOT told about £11 increase either.  This called stealing, scammed, ripping off vunerable elderly people, fraud. Take your pick, as I say all of above..

As what they are doing now is not stated in the term & conditions.  

0 Likes

Message 33 of 47

@Bienchen if you have an issue you wish addressed, please start your own thread.

You do realise that Shell was the  TalkTalk network and infrastructure, just branded Shell?

0 Likes

Bienchen
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 47

I have the same issue. As customers we should be able to choose our service and not be transferred without being asked. I don't feel that my rights as customer are considered. 

Message 35 of 47

@Rexthedog4* Please try and register for My Account again, if there are any problems please start your own topic.  

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 47

@Rexthedog4*, please post your own topic in the billing section for staff to remove the old details from your My Account so that you can register afresh and see your current bills.

0 Likes

Rexthedog4*
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 47

I am of the same opinion. Shell sold us out. I have been with TalkTalk twice before and was relieved to move to Shell. We should have been given the chance to withdraw without penalties. Furthermore I am having great difficulty looking at my bill. Because I was a previous customer the site recognises me and says I was disconnected in 2022.

Jocker
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 47

Shell wasn't totally transparent either, in as much as you lose your discount on Shell petrol via Shell Go+, because you are no longer a Shell customer. It didn't say that in any of the documents I received. That benefit was worth about £36 a year to me, and I am not a heavy fuel user. Certainly it had some bearing on my choice of broadband supplier. So not a like-for-like transfer if you buy your fuel regularly from Shell.

Message 39 of 47

@scully0 you will need to phone and speak to the loyalty team but the understanding is that your contract carries over until expiry of your contract with shell.

As mentioned the infrastructure you are on is TalkTalk already so there should be no disruption.

Please start your own thread if you wish an individual response as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
Thank you

0 Likes

scully0
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 47

I'm same as you not interested in transferring to Talk talk