cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

My broad band speed has dropped off AGAIN.

maxthegold
Team Player
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

My broadband speed has dropped off again. I think this is the third time I have had this problem. It has reached the point where I am also getting dropouts, this is extremely annoying. I will post the screen grab of my monitoring so that you can see the drop. Why does this keep happening and more to the point how do I stop it?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx.
0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

If that's what it takes to fix it then do it. Don't keep asking me ridiculous questions.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx.
0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

There is no noise on the telephone line when it is attached to the test socket. I am currently getting about 30 mbps. I think you are contractually obligated to supply at least 53 mbps. If it continues to drop at this rate I will soon have no broadband at all.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Hi maxthegold,

We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate and if the telephone line is now noise free we can arrange a visit from a broadband engineer. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 31

Nobody doubts that there is something wrong, it is just wise to do as many internal tests as possible in an effort to narrow down where the problem lies. Any issue on the voice side will have an impact on the broadband connection, regardless of whether you regularly use the phone, or not. So if you could oblige one more time and advise if the noise on the line persists with just the phone  - no microfilter, router, or anything else - connected directly at the test socket that will be really helpful. 

Message 25 of 31

I seem to be getting questions fired at me from 3 different people, this is very confusing and annoying. This is the third time this has happened and every time you automatically assume it is my fault and ask me to jump through hoops. Then when you can't find a way to blame me you go away and do something and everything is all right again. Can we not bypass the interim nonsense and get to the bit where you fix the problem. My setup is unchanged since the last time this happened. I don't use my landline phone more than about three times a year, it just so happens that the last time I used it was a few days ago and it was very noisy then. It is not noisy now but that may be a coincidence. I realise that noise on the line may be an indicator of a fault but the performance of my landline is not a priority, the broadband is the priority and I think I have satisfactorily demonstrated that there is something wrong there (see my posted image).

0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

Is the noise on the line still present with the phone at the test socket and with the router removed from the line?

Debbie

0 Likes

maxthegold
Team Player
Private Message
Message 27 of 31

Yes I do have a test socket and I have experienced some noise on the telephone line. I am now connected to the test socket.

Thanks,

Mark.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Hi Mark

Do you hear the line noise when at the test socket ?

Have you tested with an alternative router / filter to rule out any hardware issued ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

maxthegold
Team Player
Private Message
Message 29 of 31

Yes I do have a test socket and I have experienced some noise on the telephone line.

Thanks,

Mark.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 31

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected potential fault towards the property. Can I just confirm, does your main socket have a test socket please? Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes