cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New broadband hub problem.

wJanet1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 49

Evening,

I have just connected my new broadband hub, I have a problem, the dashboard page is saying that I'm not connected to the internet, but the white light is showing, and I do have the internet. I have checked all cables etc everything is ok, can someone advise me what I should do.

Thanks 1JanetW

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 1 of 49

Hi Janet

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 49

Hi Debbi,

Just letting you know, I replaced the extenders, and it seems to have sorted the problem, no buffering🤞.

Thanks for your and Chris help.

Thanks

Janet.

Message 3 of 49

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your message, yes, its wired, I do have the ethernet extenders, I've ordered another pair just in case that's the problem.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 49

Hi Janet

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Is your device (experiencing the buffering) connected wired?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 49

Hi Chris,

Yes, I was watching on my television via youview box.

Thanks

Janet.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 49

Thanks Janet. Did you stream both services on the same device?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 49

Hi Chris,

I played both iPlayer and Amazon, between 11pm and midnight, both were really bad, iPlayer I had it on one programme, and it was just jumping from one programme to a different one. Amazon was just buffering all the time. Hope this helps.

thanks 

Janet.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 49

If you experience the same issue again with Amazon can you try iplayer too.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 49

Hi, Chris,

I've just tried BBC I player and that's fine, so tried Amazon again that's ok now, but this happened the other day, its fine during the day? but at night it's just buffering all the time, it's a bit odd.🤔.

Thanks

Janet

0 Likes

Message 10 of 49

Hi Janet,

Do you use any other streaming service and if you do, do you experience the same issue?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 49

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your message, I have done the turning the mobile off and on and still no difference, like when someone calls the phone rings, they can hear me, but I can't hear them, I've tried calling people there's no calling tone just a bit of static. so, I'll take it into my local phone shop see if they can help. The buffering is still the same, I do have the extender ethernet plugs so I'm wondering if it's the problem, maybe I'll change them see if that helps. Thanks for your help.

thanks

Janet

0 Likes

Message 12 of 49

Hi wJanet1,

Regarding the fault with your mobile could you just try switching the mobile off completely, leave it off for a couple of minutes, then switch back on and retest

Regarding the buffering, I've checked the line history for the last few days, the sync speed has been good and the error count has been zero pretty much every hour. Have you experienced any more buffering since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 49

@wJanet1, staff will not be back now before Monday, unfortunately. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 14 of 49

Hi Debbie,

I rang customer services, but they said everything is ok, but still can't make calls, the phone rings but they can hear me, but I can't' hear them, I've tried everything nothings on mute so don't know what to do.

Another problem is which started Thursday night I was streaming from my Amazon programmes, and it just keeps buffering which it's never done before its quite annoying, Hope you can help.

Thanks

Janet.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 49

Hi Debbie, 

Thanks, I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks

Janet.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 49

Hi Janet

Apologies for this.

I've spoken to my colleague and I've been advised that would need to contact/call our customer service team and select the option for mobile so the team can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 49

Hi Debbie,

Yes, I still cannot make calls on my mobile, they did suspend my service yesterday, but the data bill has all been paid up, I'm just wondering if they didn't reconnect me back.

Thanks

Janet.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 49
0 Likes

Message 19 of 49

Hi Janet

I'm so glad to hear that the fault has been resolved.

In regards to your mobile, have you logged into My Account?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 49

Hi Debbie, 

openreach came today and managed to sort it, said some wires had been cut, and a few other things, but everything else is ok except, I can’t make any calls on my mobile as I have a mobile plan with you. I did exceed my data☹️ paid it, so not sure what’s happened.

Thanks

Janet

0 Likes