cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New broadband hub problem.

wJanet1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 49

Evening,

I have just connected my new broadband hub, I have a problem, the dashboard page is saying that I'm not connected to the internet, but the white light is showing, and I do have the internet. I have checked all cables etc everything is ok, can someone advise me what I should do.

Thanks 1JanetW

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 21 of 49

Morning Janet

Thanks for the update. Openreach have left notes to say that the engineer requires a hoist to fix the fault and we should have further updates on 07/02.

I will check on this again tomorrow for updates from Openreach.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 49

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for message, I had a visit from openreach this morning, apparently they need an engineer that can go underground. I’ve not herd anything yet.

thanks

Janet.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 49

Hi Janet

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, I will chase them for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 49

Hi Janet

No problem 🙂  We will let you know as soon as we receive further updates.

The engineer will be working externally to fix this fault, no access is required at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 25 of 49

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for letting me know

Janet

Message 26 of 49

Hi Janet

I can see that this fault was assigned to a line engineer this morning, we should hopefully have further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 49

Thanks Chris,

Broadbands gone down as now as well, hope they can fix it.

Thanks

Janet

0 Likes

Message 28 of 49

I've just run another line test and it's failing, showing a disconnection in the network, so I've raised this as a non-appointed task. This means that Openreach will now investigate and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 49

Hi Chris,

yes ok please send an engineer, I accept the charges. The times best for me are (am 8am-1pm )any day except Wednesday.

thanks

janet.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 49

OK Janet, if you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 49

Hi Chris,

Thanks, yes no internet with either router, I did try again just to make sure. But no joy.

Thanks

Janet

0 Likes

Message 32 of 49

So just to confirm, you have no internet connection now with either router? If not then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 49

Hi, Chris,

The router is Huawei HG633.

thanks

janet

0 Likes

Message 34 of 49

OK thanks Janet, which router do you currently have connected?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 49

Hi Chris,

I did connected the router to the test socket, but couldn’t connect to internet, I did put a fault request in on- line on the 29th January but so far haven’t got back to me.

thanks

Janet.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 49

Hi Chris,

I have just one socket and the router is connected to the socket. My landline phone is working ok.

Thanks

Janet

0 Likes

Message 37 of 49

Hi Janet,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router currently connected to your test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 38 of 49

Hi Chris, 

sorry about this, I’d lost everything, but the TV and Broadband are back on but I have no internet at all. I put the new router on and it was flashing amber to white but just the amber light was on, so I’ve changed the router back and rebooted but still no internet. Any ideas what can be done as I need it for my security cameras.

Thanks

janet

0 Likes

Message 39 of 49

Hi Janet,

What is the problem with the telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 40 of 49

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your message, I’ve run into a problem, I have no internet, no broadband and no tv. I did raise a fault with talktalk yesterday as my phone was not working properly, they said on update that they are looking into it, so I don’t know if it’s to do with that .

Thanks

Janet

0 Likes