cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New router sent but not requested!

d103de
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

My Mum received a new router in the post which she hadn't requested. She's had text messages to say she needed to set it up by 1st December and it's a broadband upgrade. She isn't very tech minded and so put it aside and assumed things would carry on as normal - she wasn't asking for an upgrade. Since yesterday (1st December), her internet has now stopped working! Does she have no choice but to set up new router? I live in another city and so it's difficult to help her. 

Thank you...

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

@Jparini61 I see you have created your own topic here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Fibre-broadband-upgrade/m-p/2838614

staff will reply to you on that topic as they can only help one customer per topic.

Jparini61
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

I have also received a new router that I didn't request. I don't want a new router or to upgrade, the router is ridiculously big and does not fit in the same space. From experience as soon as you change something you get problems.  Talk talk are trying to upgrade to my old router and now I have no broadband and tech support are useless.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Some customers are being upgraded to fibre for free, from the older ADSL connections.

the new router just needs to be connected in place of the old router.

Unless wifi is used, you do not ned to log into the router etc, but if wifi is used, the wifi details are on the back of the router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.