cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet for 5 days ...so far

ftwizard
Team Player
Private Message
Message 62 of 62

My internet has been down since 13/01/21

I've spoken to three pretty unhelpful people, had a new hub and still no connection.

I'm supposed to be getting a call from a manager, but I've heard nothing yet and I need internet for my work.

I'm in the middle of a 2 year contract and I think I need to cancel to get a service with a more useful customer service.

Is there someone from Talktalk that can offer some useful help?

Thanks.

61 REPLIES 61

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 62

Please post about this in the billing section, @ftwizard.

It often takes several weeks for the Future Fibre account to show up.

Staff will reply during the day, on your new thread. 

Edit: please look for a reply on your other thread, here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Which-package-am-I-on-and-am-I-paying-for-both/td-p/2874...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ftwizard
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 62

Following on from the previous debacle, I recently had FTTP 150 installed (March 24th) as an upgrade from Fibre 65. My last bill was on March 18th, which was £24 as per the Fibre 65 contract.

Both the Fibre 65 and the FF150 are running concurrently. I'm a bit concerned that I may be paying for both packages at the same time.

Does anyone have any idea when the Fibre 65 contract will end, and when the FF150 will start. My account still says I have Fibre 65.

Brenda.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 62

Thanks for that. I see the adjustment in there. 🙂

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 62

The bill won't change, check Transaction history. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 62

Thanks for helping. 
i noticed the charge is still showing on my account page though. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 62

Hi ftwizard

The charge has been cleared. 

I will ask the auto compensation team to look into any compensation owed.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

0 Likes

Message 7 of 62
0 Likes

ftwizard
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 62

I'm staggered. I've received a bill this morning, and included on it is a £65 charge for an engineer visit, on 05-02-2022

Can someone tell me, after reading through this elongated thread, which part of this debarcle was my fault. They had to reset the street cabinet to fix it.

Am I reposible for the cabinet in the street now?

So, not only have I not seen a penny in compensation, I'm now expected to cough up an extra £65 for no good reason.

I can't express how stressful this has all been. Not to mention expensive.

HELP PLEASE....

Message 9 of 62

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the engineer has managed to resolve this for you. I've included a Help Guide below,

About your auto compensation credit

Thanks

0 Likes

ftwizard
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 62

After a call from TalkTalk on Friday, an Openreach Engineer was arranged for Saturday morning. After going through the usual procedures, they decided to reset the cabinet port card. Problem cured.

I'm glad they were able to fix the problem at last, but also amazed that this procedure wasn't tried already. Basically, turn it off and on again.

Anyway, it's fixed now and I await the compensation for my lost service. I must admit, I'm not holding my breath on that score, and expect a battle to get my just deserts.

Brenda

Message 11 of 62

Hi ftwizard,

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve. I can now see the engineer notes and he seems to think that there's a problem with logging on to the time server and this is causing the problem. I'll pass this back to our network team and ask them how we can get this resolved

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 62

I didn’t understand much of what he said, but he did put in a report that indicated what he thought the problem was. 
it was something to do with servers. 
Perhaps you can check his report for the info you need. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 62

What did the engineer say?

0 Likes

ftwizard
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 62

Engineer has just been, and still no internet. 
That’s 23 days now. 
What a mess. What do I do next?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 62

Hi Brenda,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning - 04-Feb-22 09:00-12:00, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 62

Routers are Sagemcom. 
earliest possible for engineer, preferably AM. Thanks 

Brenda

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 62

Hello,

The TalkTalk Engineer visits are 2hr appointment slots. When would be the best time to arrange this for you? Just to advise the Sagemcom Wifi hub has a bronze background behind the front grill and the Huawei Wifi Hub has a black background.

Engineer charges

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 18 of 62

@ftwizard bear in mind that the Huawei and Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hubs do look pretty much exactly the same, however the Huawei has a completely black front, whereas the Sagemcom has a bronze colour behind the holes on the front.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 62

Hi,

I have had 2 replacement routers, both seem to be exactly the same.

If it would be a TalkTalk engineer, then yes please. It would be a waste of time to send another Openreach engineer though.

So, if it's a TalkTalk engineer then a visit would be appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 62

Hello,

The team have come back to me now and confirmed that they have re-checked everything from here and they can't see any reason why you can't load any web pages. They have suggested that we arrange a TalkTalk Engineer Visit to the property to investigate. Would you like to go ahead with this? Can I also just confirm, was the replacement router a different make and model to the original router you tested?

Thanks

0 Likes