cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No reponse from TalkTalk regarding fault after over 2 weeks

Pensfield
Participant
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

I reported a fault with my broadband on the 25th October and it is now 14th November. I have used the 0345 number to speak to an operative and have tested the router may times. Each time the operative promises they or a manager will call me back but they never do. Last time was last week and they promised paithfully that a manager would call me back "within 3 working days". Well I made sure that I was in for those 3 working days. That's right... no phone call.

What a huge waste of time and I am still none the wiser as to the status of the fault rectification. I am now getting reports that the quality of the land line is poor as well.

This is hopeless TalkTalk. When will someone tell what is going on. THe 0345 number today says that you have limited personell to answer the phone and I should go online. Err....

I am having to buy data from an outside company to have any connection at all at the moment.

Pensfield
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Thanks Michelle for all your help and patience but I am out of here.

regards

Pensfield
0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

lelobc937
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 21

Talktalk is the shittiest companies ever!! Avoid at all cost!
I wanted to save £5 a month for a broadband and that was the worst decision of my life...
I utterly hate talk talk and their customer service.
Stay away unless you want to spend hours on the phone and chat...

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 21

@Pensfield ,

I don't work for TalkTalk or for any company in the Broadband/Telecommunications industry.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

TalkTalk, a question if I may.

Does AllyM work for you or a rival company?

regards

Pensfield
0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

@Pensfield wrote:

I am not sure how the poor punter is expected to know that.

Well, there are a few clues:

The first line of the notification email is in the format:

[Username] posted a new reply in [forum section] on 23-11-2022 06:03 PM

Followed by a copy of what was posted.

Then, if you look at the address the notifications come from:

"no-reply@community-notifications.talktalk.co.uk"

I would have thought that the average person should be able to work out that "no-reply" suggests the email address is not monitored for replies and "community-notifications" bit suggests that it is a notification about something on the TalkTalk community forum.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi Pensfield

If you don't hear back from the team within the timescale stated, then if you create a new thread here Billing - TalkTalk Help & Support

My colleague in the billing section can then take a look for you.

0 Likes

Pensfield
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 21

Thank you for the link. 
I wish I had your faith in the ‘ automatically’ bit. 
regards

Pensfield
0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi Pensfield

This help page provides further information on our compensation policy

About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Pensfield
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 21

I am not sure how the poor punter is expected to know that.

As an aside the people that I had long long conversations with to sort this out kept telling me that I would  be compensated for the delay in fixing this. How does that work?

Pensfield
0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi Pensfield

Apologies again. The emails are only notifications to show we have posted/replied.

We only see direct responses back on the Community.

0 Likes

Pensfield
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 21

Replied by return email. Your msg came by email so I returned by same. 

Pensfield
0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi Pensfield

Apologies, your reply didn't show on this thread. Did you post back directly on the Community, or did you reply by email? (We can only see responses directly on the Community)

0 Likes

Pensfield
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 21

Yes you did and I replied. In the end I sorted out myself.

Pensfield
0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi Pensfield

I'm really sorry to hear this. I posted/replied on 16/11 to offer to send a replacement router.

Pensfield
Participant
Private Message
Message 16 of 21

In the end I got fed up with Talktalk response or lack of it so I bought a new Talktalk router on line and hey presto, it now works.

4 weeks without broadband and I had to buy in data from a rival phone firm to keep going. I have to say Talktalk that you are hopeless.

Pensfield
0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi Pensfield

Thanks for your reply.

As the line tests are clear then I think we should send a replacement router. Would you like me to arrange this?

In regards to the landline, is this noise present on all calls? Have you tested with just the phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

0 Likes

Pensfield
Participant
Private Message
Message 18 of 21

Hi. Thank you for investigating. In early October the landline failed. Open reach found a break in the cable and rerouted around the break and fitted a new master socket. All was well incl internet for three weeks then we found that we then had no internet. Multiple phone calls to talktalk
Testing why steady amber light on router with no conclusion. They have not sent a new router. Sending a new router was never suggested by talktalk. Promise to elevate problem higher have come to nothing. No return calls despite repeated assurances. I am now being told that the quality of our landline is getting poor. 

Regards
Pensfield
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Hi Pensfield

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that Openreach cleared and closed a fault on 04/10.

I have completed two different line tests and both are clear - No faults detected.

Have we sent you a router for testing?

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

Hi @Pensfield  that's not good, your post has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow, I'll keep an eye open for progress.

All the best Divsec

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.