cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Issues

Mervyn65
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

We have had problems today (16/11) with slow broadband and also frequent disruptions where the routers red light comes on. Not had any problems for some months. Is there an issue - have registered it on the service centre and it says “ there appears to be a problem and we are looking into it “ but not really sure if that actually  works. Can someone investigate 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this. I'm just sending you a short survey via a PM.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

It seems fine now Michelle. Thanks for your help

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Morning,

Openreach have advised that they have resolved a potential fault. How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. As the line test is still detecting a possible external line fault and the sync speed has dropped and is varying, I've raised this over to Openreach now and have asked for an external line investigation to be completed. We will re-check for an update on the fault in 24hrs.

Thanks

Message 5 of 21

Hi Michelle - the crackling on the line is very intermittent and at the moment it is fine., and I think that this goes hand in hand with our broadband problem.  If you think that an external line investigation will keep the line stable, and as long as there isn’t any charge for this for ourselves, we are happy for you to ask openreach to complete an external investigation.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi,

Ok. The connection looks stable at the moment, but I can see that the sync speed has dropped. Are you happy for us to raise this over to Openreach for an external line investigation to be completed?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Phoned crackled over the weekend, however, this morning it seems fine and internet stable at the moment

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and the line test is now detecting a potential fault. Can I just confirm, is the router currently connected to the test socket at the moment please? Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Morning,

Ok thank you for confirming and we will re-check the connection stats again on Monday.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

I will connect to the test socket over the weekend as not able to do it today

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Morning,

Just to confirm, is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 21

Have you tried connecting at the test socket as previously advised? 

0 Likes

Mervyn65
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 13 of 21

I have just run a speed check using your Talk Talk checker and these are the results

All done!

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results - not good considering what we are paying for. Can someone investigate further please

1.6 Mbps

Your average download speed

3.4 Mbps

Your average upload speed

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

The crackling on the phone line is intermittent but the internet speed is very slow and has been for the last 2 days. Can you check from your end 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi

I ran a test just before I posted, so about 12:00

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

The internet has just gone off a couple of times - are you doing checks on the line ?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi

Calls will cut out if a test is run while you are on the phone.

All tests are currently clear.  If you can test with a phone only connected at the 'Test Socket' and test with an alternative handset, if crackling is present then this will require an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

The internet has been more stable this morning, not sure about the speed at the moment, however, there is some crackling on the phone line and this morning a call cut out twice during a conversation. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection looks very unstable, and the speeds are also varying. Is the voice service ok? Is there any noise on the line? Does your main socket have a test socket please? Do you have an alternative router that you could test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi @Mervyn65,

The support team here will be back in the morning and should be able to take a look at this for you.

0 Likes