cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Wifi Issue

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 32 of 32

Hi,

My router's wifi keeps losing internet access for all my devices but they can remain connected to the wifi. Devices connected via LAN work fine. The router still has a white light on the front. If I reset the router the wifi works for a bit but then the issue happens again.
Please help me!!!!

Jack

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Hi @mjdawes1

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

mjdawes1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 32

Was this resolved? I am having similar issues when TV and Netanto (heating control) keep dropping out?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 32

Hi

We are unable to call you as we are an online team only. We don't even have phones on our desks.

I am checking our optimisation platform and notice a few bandswitching events to your devices.  Can you log into the router and separate the wifi SSID's.  Then see if this helps.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 32

Are you able to call me to resolve this issue?

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 32

Hi Karl,

The internet has dropped out again. The channels have not changed and are still 6 for 2.4 and 36 for 5ghz.

this is getting very frustrating not having working Wi-Fi. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 32

Hi,

Not just the band, the channel number, so for the 2.4Ghz band the channel numbers are usually from 1 - 11, for the 5Ghz band the channel will usually be 42,44 etc

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 32

Hi karl,

thank you. Do you mean the Wi-Fi band. E.g my laptop is currently connected to the Band 2 (5 GHz)

0 Likes

Message 8 of 32

Hi

Ok, lets test something, you can log into the router, or if you have an android phone can use an app such as wifi analyzer etc.  Make a note of the current wifi channel.  If the wifi suddenly drops, check which channel it is on and see if the channel has changed.  This will check if Assia Optimisation is switching the channel and the devices are losing the connection.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 32

That has now corrected the issue, most likely for a couple of hours

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 32

I have done that now

0 Likes

Message 11 of 32

Hi

Just off for 30 seconds then back on.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 32

Hi, do you want me to Reset it or turn it off and back on again?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 32

Hi

Can you give the router a reboot so I can see if I can connect to it.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 32

The router is directly connected to the main broadband socket the filter cannot be fitted.
The new router did not come with any new cables.

The no internet wifi has happened again now.
Please can you retest the router before I reset it?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 32

Hi Jack

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Is the router connected at the test socket?

When you connected the replacement router did you use the new cables and filter?

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 32

yes it is

0 Likes

Message 17 of 32

Hi Jack

Is this the exact same issue as with the previous router?

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 32

Hi,

I have reset the router and I can connect to the internet again. Do you know what the issue is with this? Can you view any error logs on the router?

Factory resetting every occurrence of this can't be a long-term solution?

Thanks Jack

0 Likes

Message 19 of 32

Hi

Ok, please can you factory reset the router?

0 Likes

randomuser5673
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 32

I have not yet done that, should I? There is not internet access on the wifi or by ethernet cable on any device.

0 Likes