cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Out of date firmware FAST 5364?

fre55die
Community Star
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hi  @Chris-TalkTalk 

My Sagemcom FAST 5364 is still running SG4K100124 firmware. If this is old could you  update it for me please? Whenever I do a self service check it tells me that it's out of date.

Thanks a lot in advance.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

fre55die
Community Star
Private Message
Message 1 of 22

Very strange because I was getting higher speeds before the new router. My Speedtest results show that it dropped from 39.7Mbps to 36.64Mbps when I swapped router over and that's not to the router.

Oh well, if there's nothing showing up I suppose that I shall live with it.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi

Estimated speed for your line is 35-38mb, so realistically I do not see this achieving more than 40ish on a good day.  All tests are clear, all levels look fine and profile settings are correct.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

Thanks for that. I've tried a 50 minute power off but, no speed increase. I'm supposed to be on fibre 65. Openreach   installed fibre to the street a few months ago.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi

Profile is correctly set, but sync is at 38.8mb.  You could try a 30 minute powerdown to see if it picks up a little.  As to the firmware sync rate should remain the same, but there was an issue with an earlier firmware affecting overall upload speeds when downloading. but nothing we know of affecting sync speeds.

Also, don't worry about return charges etc, we know you guys have a lot of equipment to test from time to time, so we would remove any such charge if it appear, if you ever see this, just flag to one of the team and we'll take care of it.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 22

Thanks @Karl-TalkTalk 

I was just starting to get a bit worried about the time frame due to the demands being made and £50 charges being imposed by TT for late returns as pointed out by @Gliwmaeden2.

I have noticed that this one on SG4K100136 is slower than the last one with my speeds having dropped from 41Mbps to 36Mbps. Any thoughts?

Message 6 of 22

Hi

i'll send another, although the first has not dispatched yet, there is a note saying it is in the process of being dispatched.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

Todays post has arrived and I still haven't received the returns bag or labels. Could you send me another set please as it looks like the ones that you sent have gone AWOL.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi fre55die

Returns bag on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

New router arrived thank you. There is no returns label or bag. Could you please send these out to me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi,

usually on time 🙂

Karl

Working From Home Tips

fre55die
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 22

@Karl-TalkTalk 

O.K. thats fine with me. How are the dispatches going these days timewise?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi

I'd just leave it for now.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

@Karl-TalkTalk  I was not using the PC at the time and not watching any of the IPTV channels.  Anything that you want me to do until putting the old box back on to pin reset later ?  or just leave it?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi

It does sound like the update did not go as planned 😞

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Private Message
Message 15 of 22

@Karl-TalkTalk  Thanks for that. I'll try the pin reset later on today. For your info it also does not show the actual F/W version any more it is blank after "version" so it does sound as if it may be bricked.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi fre55die

If the update has caused an issue with the router, you can try a pin reset, but to be on the safe side I'll get a hub out to you asap.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

@Karl-TalkTalk The upgrade has caused a problem and have had to swap out the router to write this.

It starts up then the orange light comes on then solid white for about 3 minutes then internet is lost and orange light sequence comes on again and this continues continuously. I left it for about 45mins and it was still doing it. I then turned it off and unplugged it for about 15 mins. I tried again and it is still doing it.

HELP any ideas? As I said I have put the trial 5464 on temporarily, however I know that the wi-fi on this one is pretty poor so I need a fix for my standard 5364 or a replacement ASAP.

Could I have your advice urgently please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi fre55die, 

your router should now be running v136 firmware.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Anytime is fine, the router is permanently on.

T

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 22

Hi fre55die

When would be the best time to update the firmware?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes