cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

PPPOE SETTINGS?

Shelia2021
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have been trying desperately to get my talktalk ISP username and password to use for a third party router and older Windows PC that requires this authentication.

I have spoken to technical department and customer service to no avail..know one knows??

I need those detail's, talktalk are obligated to supply me with them but aren't?why? Not a happy customer!

Any help is appreciated..

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

@Shelia2021 , I'm wondering if it may also help people to advise you better,  if you are willing to say what make and model of router you are trying to use and what type of broadband service you have.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Shelia2021

Did you sort thing out, is all ok now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Shelia2021,

The settings are described here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

So you probably don't need a 'real' username and password. The only exception might be if you were originally a customer for one of the legacy broadband providers that were purchased by TalkTalk, as some of those old legacy accounts do still use a real username and password.

0 Likes