cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Replacement Router Request

BritSparky2
Team Player
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Hi Guys,

My tenants have been complaining of loss of internet sporadically over the last few weeks. Today I went in the property to see if I could fix the issue and found that the ADSL and Internet lights on my Openreach GFAST box were not lit. I rebooted the box and all the correct lights reappeared. Although the internet seems to be working to a point through the Netgear WNR2000 router plugged into it, the WiFi is very intermittant from it. Could I please request a new SAGEM router be sent out in an effort to cure the problem. I recently used the online fault tracking service and your system said a line test came back as fine.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section, the service is GFAST, not Fibre, although it runs at fibre speeds, it isn't, if that makes sense.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27

OK thanks. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

Hi Chris,

As I've said previously the only equipment in the property is an Openreach GFAST modem and the Netgear router attached to it. I can only presume that it was supplied at the start of the contract. I do own various properties and it is somewhat difficult to recall what actual equipment was originally supplied in each, but I can assure you the only equipment in use in each case is what was originally supplied. Of course, I'm more than willing to return the faulty Netgear one but that is all I can do in this case.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 27

Hi BritSparky2,

I can send a router to test with but if the new router resolves the problem and you want to keep it then you would need to return your old TalkTalk router (the Netgear router won't be a TalkTalk router, we've not supplied Netgear routers for many years)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 27

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. The only WiFi router I can remember being used at the property ( which I've owned since 2017 ) is the one which appears to be faulty. I genuinely can't remember what one was originally supplied by talktalk, I can only presume it was the current faulty one. I do own other properties which have the sagem routers but they are not "spare" obviously. I'd appreciate it if a sagem one could be sent out for testing purposes and I will of course return the faulty one.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 27

Hi BritSparky2,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing and router is in sync at 160Mbps, there are some disconnections showing though. Do you not already have a Sagemcom router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

BritSparky2
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 27

I should clarify, before it's suggested, that changing the WiFi channel makes no difference. When the signal drops it actually disappears and only rebooting the router will bring it back

0 Likes