cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ring 2nd generation doorbell not connecting to D-Link DSL3780 router

LindseyM10
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi all,

I've been on with this for over 2 weeks now. Purchased a Ring 2nd generation doorbell (model 5UM5ES) and have tried numerous things, but it refuses to connect to my D-Link DSL 3780 router on broadband.

I've done a hard reset on both router and numerous on doorbell device

I've had a 2nd device sent in case ring device was faulty

All other devices, phones, TV, etc are fine with route connection

Done a line speed test and operating consistently at 14-15mbps and 2.4GHz

Have tried with device literally right beside router, and in next room

I've tried doing the DMZ disabling thing suggested by ring in router settings

Can anyone help further, or am I resigned to the fact that these devices just dont want to talk to each other?!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi LindseyM10

Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm so glad to hear that this is working ok now.

I will pass on your feedback. The DSL3780 is an older router so we no longer send these out as a replacement.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

LindseyM10
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Morning all,

Our newer router arrived on Wednesday, and I've set it up, and it works fine without any faffing to need to port forward, set up static IPs, alter DMZ or anything else, so obviously the old router was the issue.

Thanks all for your help, it took about 15mins to set up and work! 

Incidentally, a bit of feedback to talk talk however, I would say maybe if you have some sort of knowledge hub of known issues, that maybe the D-Link DSL 3780 router is added to the list of potential 'problem children' with 3rd party technology to quicken the process and aid anyone else in future with a query. I did notice there were things mentioned about NetGear routers, but nothing on our old type at all. To be going round and round doing hard resets, and router settings for hours with confused agents on the phone/webchat and not getting anywhere is frustrating for both parties! 

Message 3 of 13

Hi LindseyM10

Sorry for the delay.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then check on the router order.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

When you get the new router @LindseyM10, if you are still having problems, let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Keith, thanks for your help. Other devices all work fine whether positioned right next to the router or in the next room etc.

I've since had further convo with talktalk webchat and they are now advising that they will send a newer router out as per my post above to Debbie, so hopefully this will resolve the ongoing saga! 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Debbie,

I spoke with one of your support team on a chat subsequently, and they have implied that they will send a new router out to us during this week. If you could possibly check that this has been done that would be marvellous. I can DM the account details if needs be for you to check. I tried again one more time with the setup and still nothing yesterday, so resigned to the fact they definitely don't want to talk! Thanks also to all the others offering advice on this thread. 🙂 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

Hi LindseyM10

Would you like me to send you another router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 13

The DSL-3780 operates only on the 2.4GHz band, it is not a dual-band router. This doorbell only operates in the 2.4GHz band so there should not be a compatibility issue.

You say that you have tried to put it in the DMZ, is the device actually connected to the router then, your subject title says it isn't, but you seem to be able to do speed tests? Do you need to forward ports to the doorbell, I assume so as you tried the DMZ, if so which TCP or UDP ports need to be forwarded?

What sort of speed test results do you get with other devices in the same room?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

Hmmm, actually I'm not sure if the DSL 3780 is dual band (i.e. has 2.4GHz and 5GHz) or single band (only has 2.4GHz) as I've never had one of the those routers, and searching online doesn't seem to bring up much info. But as @ferguson says, this is a very old model of router, so best to just wait for the staff to help next week.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

That is an old router. The TalkTalk support team here can look into this for you,  make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they will not be back online before Monday. 

Message 11 of 13

Thanks for the reply... I've read that article and not sure how to do it on our router as it isn't in that article. Ours is a D-LInk DSL 3780. As afr as I was aware, it operates on 2.4GHZ anyway? Not massively technical on stuff like this, I'll be honest. Searching on this doesnt bring much conclusive stuff up.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi @LindseyM10,

Have you tried splitting the SSID's on the router to give your 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands different names, to see if that then allows it to connect to the 2.4GHz successfully ?

Also, if you have to run an App to configure the doorbell, ensure the device running that app is connected to the 2.4GHz network band whilst you are doing the configuration (this is much easier to do once you have split the SSIDs)