cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Changing Wifi channel

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

often i would find my router changes my WiFi channel , then my devices can no longer connect to it, unless i log in via the pc and swap it back , can something be done about this to stop it 

Doing it?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi sirsimonuk

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

that would be wonderful please Debbie , I'm sure i did reply earlier but its not here so pass what happened ?

this router is old ,even looks it often it would loose connections in the past shame really as i love it overall works better than ones that you used before 

Message 3 of 8

Hi sirsimonuk

The WIFI optimisation is still showing as switched off so this isn't changing the channel.

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

well it is still doing it keeps changing my band 1 channel from what i put it as to channel 10 where my devices loose the connection so i then have top turn on pc to change it back again even at 11.30pm at night

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi sirsimonuk

Apologies for this.

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off.

Thanks

Debbie

sirsimonuk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

thats the one, Fast 5364 router

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @sirsimonuk,

Do you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub ?, if so this router has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' that can cause this to happen, the staff here can switch off the Wi-Fi Optimisation for you if you want them to, this would then mean the router would stay on whatever channel you manually set. But this only applies to the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub.

Some of the staff here on the community will be back tomorrow.