cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Firmware Update

Clarence
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 75 of 75

Hi

Sometime ago I purchased a new Fast 5364 router from TalkTalk.

I later purchased a BT Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi system with a Pack of 3 Discs which worked fine with the router.

Then, following a firmware update, the discs would no longer connect to the router. I contacted BT who said they were aware of the issue and I should contact TalkTalk, which I did. However, TalkTalk was unable to help and I reverted back to an old router, which did work with the discs.

I now understand that TalkTalk has resolved the firmware issue and there is a new version which will work with the discs.

If I leave the Fast 5364 router plugged in overnight, will it automatically be updated to the latest firmware version?

Thanks.

0 Likes
74 REPLIES 74

Message 21 of 75

Hi Clarence,

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

Clarence
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 75

Dear All

Sorry to say that following the router update which seemed to fix the problems, it then disconnected every couple of days and I have to keep powering it down and restarting it to get back on line. Is this still a software (firmware) issue or could it be a hardware problem?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 75

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Clarence
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 75

Brilliant! Everything is working fine, even the BT wifi disks.

Thanks everyone.

You guys are great!

0 Likes

Message 25 of 75

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Clarence
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 75

Thanks.

I'll let you know how I get on with the new firmware.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 75

Hi

Firmware should now be updated.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 28 of 75

Hi

Pushing firmware now.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Clarence
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 75

Connected and ready to go Michelle 😊

0 Likes

Message 30 of 75

Hiya,

Yes of course, just post back here to confirm once it's connected please 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Clarence
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 75

Hi Michelle

I got away early so I'm at home now. 

Can we do the firmware upgrade if I plug the router in now?

0 Likes

Message 32 of 75

Hi Clarence,

Yes sure, no problem 🙂 Just post here to confirm once the other router is connected.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Clarence
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 75

Hi Michelle

I am really sorry but I am just on my way out and will be out all day.

Please could we do it tomorrow morning?

0 Likes

Message 34 of 75

Hi Clarence,

We can now update the router firmware for you. Would it be possible to connect the other router at some point today? (before 2pm ideally)

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 35 of 75
0 Likes

Clarence
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 75

Thanks Michelle.

I'm not actually using that router at the moment because the existing firmware doesn't work with my BT wifi disks.

If you could let me know when the rollout begins I will plug the router in.

Thanks ever so much for keeping me in the loop. Really appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 75

Hi Clarence,

The new firmware should start to roll out in the next few weeks and your router should automatically update overnight.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 38 of 75

No problem. Sorry it's longer than we originally thought.

Michelle

0 Likes

Clarence
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 75

Thanks for keeping me updated Michelle.

Message 40 of 75

Hi Clarence,

We've received an update to advise that it is now looking like the end of the year before we can start the new firmware rollout.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes