cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Restarts daily several times

dabir0070
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I am recently getting my broadband resetting 3 or 4 times a day which is simply not acceptable.  I would like this fixed as soon as possible. Anyone any ideas?

My router information is: -

DG8041W, EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway

Hardware Version : I.1.01

Software Version: v1.05t

The debug log where it resets and restarts is as follows: -

2022-01-07 16:10:22 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:WEB(192.168.1.62),Result:Success,Type:Login,Username:admin
1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER
2022-01-07 16:17:00 [Notice][Run-Log] SNTP has synchronized successfully, current time is [2022-01-07 16:17:00+00:00], uptime is [77s].

My router is plugged into a BT socket with a separate DSL line and phone line.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi dabir0070

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've made a change to the firmware. Please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

@nick_andrews The issue this customer has is a known problem that affects a specific version of firmware for the DG8041W, I see you have created your own topic to report your issue, which does sound more like a physical fault with your router, so hopefully the staff will be able to help when they return on Monday.

nick_andrews
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi, looks like I have a very similar issue.  Router keeps doing a factory reset and looses all the wifi set-up. 

Router is HG635, hardware v: G.1.01, Software v: v1.14t.  Ethernet connections work fine

Nick Andrews
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @dabir0070,

This is a known issue, when the staff here are back on Monday they will be able to upgrade your router to firmware 1.06t, that new version of firmware has a fix specifically for this issue.

So just wait for the staff to respond on Monday and they will update the firmware for you.

0 Likes