cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router flashing amber

CharlotteLV
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

My WiFI hasn't worked for almost a week now and my router only flashes amber. This happened after TalkTalk sent me a faulty adapter which blew out my wall socket. (I know it was the adapter as I've had an electrician round who said my socket and electrics were all fine.)

I've tried all the normal troubleshooting methods - resetting it, turning/leaving everything off and turning it on again, unplugging things and plugging them back in. The setup is exactly the same as when the WiFi was working, it just no longer does. 

The customer service advisor told me the problem is likely in my home and not with the line, but couldn't give any further suggestions. They aren't sending an engineer round until next week and won't send a new router or new power adapter either - I'm using a new adapter that I had to buy myself. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and resolved it without an engineer. 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi CharlotteLV

Apologies for this. We have to have a cut off date/time for engineer visits to allow time for them to cancelled or rescheduled.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Okay then, I'll let him know when he arrives that everything is fine. Seems rather silly and a waste of his time and mine, but that's no less than what I've come to expect from this company 🙄

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi CharlotteLV

Apologies, we require 24hrs notice for cancelling an engineer visit (or before 12 noon the day before the arranged visit)

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Chris, you can cancel it for me please, everything still seems to be okay 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi CharlotteLV,

That's great news Charlotte. We can cancel the engineer visit for you, would you like us to do this now or do you want to give it a day or so to make sure that everything is OK before cancelling?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Chris, the router arrived yesterday and all seems to be working fine now - thank you for helping me resolve this so quickly 🙂

I still have an engineer appointment booked for Friday morning which I assume I won't need now, and I still can't get into my TalkTalk account to cancel it. Do you know how I would go about doing this?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

No problem, I've ordered the router now 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

CharlotteLV
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk Great, thank you for your help 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

It usually arrives within a couple of days so either tomorrow or Monday I would think

Chris

0 Likes

CharlotteLV
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk Yes please - do you know when it will arrive?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 17

Thanks for updating your profile. I can send another router to test with if you like, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk @Gliwmaeden2 Thanks both, I have now added my account number to the personal notes section.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi CharlotteLV,

As Gliwmaeden2 has said, can you please update your Community profile with your account number if you don't know your landline number

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 17

Your billing email shows your account number, @CharlotteLV.

Add this in the Private Notes section, at the end of Personal Information,  in the profile area of the community forum. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email", choose Personal Information. 

Complete as much as you can and SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

CharlotteLV
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi Debbie, I actually don't know my landline number as I can't log in to my account. It says it doesn't recognise my email address, even though my billing notifications are sent to that address, and when I try to register it doesn't allow me to. I've spoken to a customer service advisor about this and they couldn't help with this either.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi CharlotteLV

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes