cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagecom fast 266 booster not connecting to wifi

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

Start up procedure goes as normal, when activating WPS it just doesn't connect and times out 

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hello,

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 29

Thank you for arranging another one to be sent out it is much appreciated, and thank you to everyone else on the thread who has helped me out with this issue it's been great to see so many people that are so knowledgeable and helpful!

Mr Jude Player

Message 3 of 29

Hi Jude,

A replacement is on the way now.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 29

Hi Karl, I have added my address to my private notes, I can attempt to find out my dad's account number when I'm back from work later on if its still needed.

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 29

Flashing red & WiFi light flashing white shows that the WPS process has started.

The middle light flashes green & the WiFi is solid white shows that the WPS connection is in progress.

Yours probably never goes green, because the 266 cannot detect any nearby router in WPS mode. I said before that this could be the 266 but could equally be the 5364 router. Have you tried a pin reset on the router to see if that makes any difference?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Hi Jude

Add your account number to your 'Community Profile'  or full address to your private notes section of your profile and I can send a replacement booster to you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 29

Honestly I don't actually know what my landline number is, we haven't had the landline phone plugged in for years now. I can provide other details of address and my dad's account if need be?

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 29

Having a read of those instructions has made me notice that the central LED has not been flashing green, maybe the central LED flashing red signifies that something may have broken inside the booster?

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hi JudeP56

if you add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' I can locate your details and send another booster for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 29

The lights on the 266 at this point are quite helpful:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Setting-up-and-positioning-your-Wi-Fi-Booster/ta-p/2920... 

Just expand the Lights Guide section at the bottom.

It is a shame that the amber & red lights can easily be mistaken for each other as they are very similar.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

OK, was thinking more that the middle light should start flashing green. And WPS should be selected on the Booster only after the router starts flashing orange. As I said, just checking. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 29

HI @ferguson 

It is always worthwhile checking for misoperation I totally agree. The fact that the Wi-Fi light is flashing white on the 266 indicates that the WPS process is not waiting to start but has started.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Yes @KeithFrench, I know, was just wanting to check that no mis-steps had been made here, easily done if you don't get it quite right. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 29

Hi @ferguson 

The instructions say to press WPS button on the router first & then press the button on the booster. That way works fine, except in this case, of course.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Forgive me for just recapping. You mention that the Booster light flashes red. That indicates that it is ready to pair. At this point you should press and hold the WPS button on the Hub until it flashes orange. After that you should press the WPS button on the Booster briefly, it should then flash green for about 30 seconds or so before it connects and turns to solid green. Are you not getting to that stage with those precise steps, with both devices next to each other? 

0 Likes

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 29

Hi Chris, it would be much appreciated if you could, I've had a lot of issues with my WiFi coverage over the years and that booster had really sorted my WiFi out. How does one go about arranging a new booster?

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

OK thanks, would you like us to send another booster to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 29

Hopefully, @Karl-TalkTalk will replace the WiFi Booster for you, it has to be one or the other.

Keith

0 Likes

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 29

And yes, when attempting WPS I have the booster and router facing each other within half a metre of each other.

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes

JudeP56
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 29

I have tries resetting the device a couple times since I've noticed it not working, have held down the button until all lights are showing and reset procedure has started, still didn't sort it unfortunately.

Mr Jude Player
0 Likes