cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagemcom 5364 router working fine, but consistently reports not connected to internet. Why?

Walrus
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Most of the detail is in the title.

Sagemcom 5364 router running SG4K100174 - so presumably the latest version?

While wireless sometimes appears to drop out briefly for no good reason, logging into the router consistently shows "Internet:Disconnected".  Any reason for this - and is it anything to be worried about?

GN
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Walrus,

Your service is LLU so copper back to the exchange (not Fibre). Yes, if the light is white then the router is connected to the Internet. I would just ignore what it says in the router UI if it's clearly connected to the internet 

Chris

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Although my SAGEM Dashboard does not report DISCONNECTED, I have also experienced occasional internet connection dropouts, which I have decided to live with. Incidentally, deep in the options in that router there is an option to switch that glaring white light off.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

..Next move, or do I simply live with this anomaly (status - Internet:Disconnected)?

Oh.. and the one thing I have forgotten to confirm is that the routers (both old and new) consistently display a white LED on front of unit after initial bootup - indicating an internet connection - as I understand it.

GN
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

New router arrived promptly and has been connected and reconfigured - only to change SSID and password to reflect old router and eliminate reconfiguration impact on WiFi devices in the house.  And this one also indicates a status of Internet:Disconnected - even though I am clearly internet connected and our Amazon devices happily play BBC Sounds.

I doubt it has any impact, but note I am not connected over a Fibre connection.  We are copper out of the house, but I have no idea what connection we have from the local distribution box - though I suspect possibly fibre (OpenReach are constantly fiddling around in there).

Next move, or do I simply live with this anomaly (status - Internet:Disconnected)?

GN
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

A router has been ordered for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Walrus
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

If this is not something that others have reported, then it may be something peculiar to this router, so a swap may be a good idea.

So, yes please.

GN
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

OK, We could swap out the router incase it has developed a fault, would you like to try this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Walrus
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

very infrequent disconnects from internet - indeed internet connection is generally very reliable, it is the wifi signal that appears to drop and re-appear infrequently that is a mild irritation..  It is only the Internet status as displayed when I am logged into the router - which I do infrequently.  If that is being reported incorrectly, then I just wonder what else is being incorrectly reported.  I noticed it again today when configuring/re-configuring a Linksys RE450 Wifi-extender. 

GN
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi

I'm not seeing any issues with your line, and the connection itself looks stable.

Do you ever physically lose connection to the internet or is it just the status that shows in the router? 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes