cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagemcom Fast 5364 - can no longer access Advanced Settings in Hub

ComfortablyNumb
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 63 of 63

I have noticed I can no longer access the router ADVANCED SETTINGS option when I log into the hub from my iPad (or iPhone) - despite being able to log into the dashboard. I was previously able to do this and I used to find it very convenient to have the ability to restart my router using one of my iOS devices without the need to go to the desktop computer. When I log in as Admin I get to see the dashboard but as soon as I click on the Advanced Settings option I get returned to login page (and so the perpetual cycle begins...).

I can, however, access these settings using my desktop computer - this happens to be connected via ethernet cable to the router.

Is this a new bug or is this a feature of the current software version?

My software version appears to be SG4K100174

62 REPLIES 62

Message 1 of 63

Hi @ComfortablyNumb 

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 63

I think that you will find it was more like someone's sense of humour!

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 63

If you feel that is likely to be the solution then please do. I am surprised by another comment here that the device could be past its “use-by” date - what is the expected life of a router like this that has no moving parts? My issue seems to be more software than hardware truth be told.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 63

Hi @ComfortablyNumb 

I think we should send a new router, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 63

Ah, could be past it's "use by "date.  😉

Wait until Monday now until the support team are back online.

Message 6 of 63

This router was supplied to me in April 2019

Message 8 of 63

What firmware version is that running?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 63
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 63

For what it's worth I just tested my old 5364: no issues across my MacBook, iPad, or iPhone. 

Message 11 of 63

Hi @ComfortablyNumb 

I've just tested all my apple devices this morning and have accessed advanced settings ok.

We are testing more apple devices at the moment with our Devices Team and I will keep you updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 63

Thank you. I've fed this straight back now and we'll keep you updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 63

My personal suspicion is that the issue is router originated and that access to these settings has been "restricted" somehow to direct wired devices. My iMac is connected via ethernet cable and from THAT device I have no problem accessing the advanced settings.

But, for what it is worth, my portable devices are as follows:

iPhone SE 3rd Generation - iOS 17.5.1

iPad 10th Generation - iPadOS 17.5.1

...I think this is irrelevant as I was experiencing the same behaviour on earlier versions of iOS/iPadOS - around the time the router firmware version "174" was deployed - prior to that I was able to access these settings from these devices. Does anyone know the date that "174" was released?

Message 14 of 63

Hi @ComfortablyNumb 

Could you confirm the model of the devices again along with the IOS versions on both phone and iPad please?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 63

Hi @ComfortablyNumb 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I will report this straight back to our Devices Team now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 63

Message to all - have had firmware version SG4K100202 installed and has NOT resolved the original problem I reported - I still cannot access the advanced settings using iOS or iPadOS device.

Just a heads-up.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 63
0 Likes

Message 18 of 63

Hi @ComfortablyNumb 

I know the Devices Team are in the process of rolling out new firmware. I'm just checking if I can push this update to your router today.

I will let you know as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 63

There must be some information you can get on this? It is now middle of July - a YEAR after the issue was first raised.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 63

I'm sorry for the delay, we'll let you know when we have any more information 

Chris

0 Likes