cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Samsung phone connected to wifi no internet connection

vestric
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I have just been over an hour on chat with TalkTalk  trying to find out why my Samsung A71 keeps dropping its internet connection when on wifi. I was kicked out by the Bot twice and am no further forward. Im having to use mobile data in my home to either get internet to when it does connect via wifi a weak signal. Line is fine and all other wifi connections in my home working well.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

The router is now on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

vestric
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie, 

I think that's a great Idea. That would let me know if its the router or the phone that is the problem

many thanks

Vestric

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi vestric

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

vestric
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Im not sure about your 1st item . I can say I have 2 fire stick plus internet tv and various Alexa items and a google show all working fine. I have even had people staying over and their phones have no problem connecting via my router. I have just been on the phone with Tesco and the lady said they have issues in my area. Im old but it seems funny that I can use the phones own internet conecctio no problem it just means im using data. Sorry if I seem a bit Tech Thick.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

@vestric 

Do you have the SSIDs split on your router so you can see which one the troublesome phone is connecting to ?

Are other devices on that band having any issues ?

If the answer is "no" to the second question, then it's likely a phone issue, forget all your home SSIDs and add them again.

0 Likes