cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow Broadband

Richard_Whitney
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Good evening,

Normally we get a download speed of nearly 3mbps, but at the minute we’re closer to 1mbps. It's very stable but obviously the drop makes a difference at these speeds. Tests are with no other appliances connected and all sockets have filters. The landline is working and a quiet line test was silent. I've tried turning the router off for a period but the speed settles back to 1mbps when turned back on.

Last time someone reset the line and optimised DLM for us which worked great. Is it possible to do that again please?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

I can see that the sync speed has started to increase. How have you found the connection/speed over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi

DLM is set for overnight optimisation so we can see if it improves over the weekend.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Richard_Whitney
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 14

Thanks Karl,

It’s gone back up to about 1.5mbps now, does it normally take a while to get back to full speed?

Richard

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi

I've reset the port and optimised the connection, see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Richard_Whitney
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

Hi Michelle,

The engineer’s been and fixed the fault but the speed’s still the same. He said to ask for the line to be reset at your end if that’s possible please?

Thanks for your help,

Richard

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hello,

No additional update received back as yet, however we will continue to monitor this. Have you seen Openreach outside today?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi,

Update received to advise that a line engineer has been scheduled for 08/07. This will be an external line investigation.

Thanks

Message 8 of 14

Morning,

No problem. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Richard_Whitney
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

Thanks Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hello,

I've checked and the fault is still under investigation with Openreach at the moment. We will check again later on this afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Morning,

Thanks for checking this. The line test has detected a potential voice fault so I've passed this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. We will check this again tomorrow morning to see if there are any updates on this fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

Richard_Whitney
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for getting back to me. It seems the phone has gone off now as well, even when plugged into the test socket. I ran a line test before and that flagged up a problem too. Is it something an engineer would have to look at?

Thanks for your help,

Richard

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Morning,

I've optimised the connection now but the sync speed hasn't increased. Is the voice service ok? Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes