cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow Internet

GrahamW
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 28 of 28

I'm on Fibre35 'guaranteed' to get min 21Mb/s download., actually getting 12.

Ran the online diagnostics to no avail.

Currently paying more than £30 a month for 12 Mb/s - why am I not getting what TT guarantee.

I should add that I was getting around 20 when I first switched to Fibre35 - it's a degradation of TT service over time.

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

No Problem 🙂

Get back to me when this arrives and let me know.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GrahamW
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 22 of 28

Thanks Karl.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Hi

I've a new Hub on the way to you so we can rule out a hardware issue.  When this arrives, use all the new cables and filters that come with the router and test at the 'Test Socket' if you have one.  If the speeds are still low with the new router then an engineer will be required.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GrahamW
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 24 of 28

Hi Karl,

I turned the router off overnight, this morning it's 13 on TT speedtest and 12 on Speedtest app on my phone.

The phone is fine.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi

turning the router off for 30 minutes allows the current session to close so when turned back on a new session will start.

Also, check the home phone, make sure the line is clear of any noise or crackles and you have a clean dial tone.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

GrahamW
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 26 of 28

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

It's a sad indictment of modern life that the thought of turning off my router for 30 mins makes me break into a sweat - I'll turn it off overnight and on again in the morning and see what it's like.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Hi

All tests are clear and the profile is set correctly. 

Your router is in sync at 12mb, lower than the predicted rate.

Have you tried powering off the router for 30 minutes to clear the session and see if speed is restored.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes