cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Still with sky

Jimmyjag
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi my contract with shy does not run out till 5th April. Engineer to come put in my talk talk tomorrow 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Jimmyjag

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

@Jimmyjag ,

I'm not sure what your actual question is or what point you are trying to make.

There is a well established switching process in place for moving ADSL and FTTC (VDSL) services between providers, where the gaining provider will let the losing provider know that they are taking over the line, but when moving to or from full fibre services you may still need to specifically cancel the contract with the old provider.

I'm assuming of course that you did deliberately initiate taking out a contract with TalkTalk and they didn't just randomly contact you out of the blue to tell you they were giving you a service. Perhaps you could give a few more details of the situation and what you want/need to know?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

When it's ordered, it usually doesn't take more than a week or two, @Jimmyjag.

So, you should have held off if you were still in contract with Sky. Probably early termination fees with them?

Each customer needs to calculate the best value for themselves when they spot a good offer. The timing is in your hands as only you know your own circumstances. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes