cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Strange DNS failures

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 126 of 126

Hi all

I have been having issues with my connection recently, mainly slower speeds (still hitting 30mbs) and disconnects. 

I have just spent 40 minutes on chat with the tech team trying to nail it down, but no errors with the line showing, suggested it may be wiring in my house but nothing here has recently changed. 

I was just looking at my router setting and noticed some strange behaviur in the logs. Lots of DNS name resolution failures during the night when there would be no acces on my connection.

Anyone have a clue whats going on or if this could be the cause of my instability?

Thanks

DNS Fails.png

125 REPLIES 125

Message 121 of 126

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 122 of 126

Hi Karl

That's great news, thank you so much for sorting that out. 

Hopefully that helps with the problem. 

Cheers

Michael 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 123 of 126

Hi

A new router is on the way so hardware issues can be ruled out.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mitchgixer6
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 124 of 126

Hi Chris

Thanks for the advice, I have updated my details as advised.

Cheers 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 125 of 126

Hi mitchgixer6,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes