cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Swapping out a router

John Talk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

TalkTalk are in the process of sending me a replacement router to try to fix poor performance and BB dropouts.  I have multiple Alexa devices and lights connected  via the Wi-Fi and a Hive hub for my heating connected  via Ethernet into the TT hub.  Can anyone tell me if when I get the new router,  I can simply browse into the router, change the the Wi-Fi name and the password to the old settings and it will work so I don’t have to set all the devices up again?  I hope so!

john 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi John

Apologies for this.

Please can you try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

You could always try a factory reset by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds, I would think that would reset the password attempt counter.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Karl

ive got the replacement hub today and I’m trying to set it up by changing the Wi-Fi name and password to those of my old router.  It seems like there is some kind of lock out because I tried logging in using admin and using the admin p/W on the back of the router and I got it wrong a couple of times. Now when I try to log in I get this message - “Notice: login failed because the number of login users exceeds the upper threshold or the user has already logged in” 

Any ideas why this is happening please?

john

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

John Talk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your help Karl - I’ll give it a go 

john

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

You can log into the new router and change the wifi name / password to match your previous wifi details.  You may need to reboot the devices themselves to reconnect.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes