cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Talktalk chat never available and contract price increase

TannyB
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Whenever I have a problem talktalk chat is never available which is really frustrating that you can never get hold of someone easily!  My Fasterfibre contract ended 2nd April and they just increased my monthy direct debit by £10 without even contacting me regarding renewal price increase or offering me another deal!  I have been a loyal talktalk customer for over 15 years. With Wildanet now in our area everyone in our town is discussing transferring to them, which I am also considering.  I no longer use talktalk TV as it became impossible to use and have no mobile contract with talktalk. I just want a decent price and good broadband package. Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

They are not generally closed in case the OP needs to follow up, @ColonelPanic232.

Your best rule of thumb on the forum is simply start a thread for your own new issue and follow up on your own thread.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Getting-Help/bd-p/gethelp#M277

Staff will usually only respond to the original poster.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thank you for replying. The other person mentioned Wildanet which is my local ISP, so it made sense to follow up there.

I don't usually take much notice of the age of posts, threads etc. because the same information tends to be repeated on them anyway, but if there is a forum rule that forbids threads to be added to after a certain date I think the best thing to do is for the mods to simply close it so that people can still browse the thread but cannot add to it.

- CP
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

@ColonelPanic232, you have replied on another customer's thread which is an old post from over 18 months ago.

Your own thread is here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/End-of-contract-imminent/m-p/2998892#M382656

Best to follow up on there!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Another week has passed and still no progress either way. I suspect the news is bad in both directions - I can't get call blocking with Wildanet unless I set it up myself (which I have no idea how to do), and TalkTalk probably won't let me keep my copper 'phone line if I move to Fibre 150 (even if I can do that anyway). And all the while the clock is ticking because my current contract expires on November 30th.

Looks like I could be without broadband altogether in the early months of December. Oh well, worse things happen at sea (as a classmate of mine at school used to say).

- CP
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi there Tanny,

I'm in the same position, but TalkTalk have contacted me to tell me that my contract is coming to an end and I should consider renewing it with them. They left it a bit late for me to do it within the 30 days if the answer was no, but credit to them for doing it at all.

Wildanet are local-ish to me too - I live in Pensilva, about five miles north-east from Liskeard (where their headquarters are). They're a reasonably friendly bunch of people if a bit over-keen to sign you up (two sales calls in one day on one occasion), their prices are very reasonable, and, crucially, they offer very fast fibre broadband (200 Mb / s minimum) which I can't get through TalkTalk where I am now. I've tried but have been told it's not available where I am and there's no indication of when it will become available.

The one big problem I have with Wildanet is their 'phone package. It's exclusively VOIP-based (so no copper wire, which I have now and prefer), and crucially for me, there's no hand-holding if you want things like anonymous call blocking, which I get from TalkTalk for £3 a month - you have to figure it all out by yourself.

To be fair to them, I've told their sales reps this and they've been honest enough to agree with me.

- CP
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

@TannyB ,

If you have been a customer for that length of time I would have thought that you would have realised by now that TalkTalk won't contact you to let you know your contract is ending or offer you any deals. You need to be proactive and contact the loyalty team to negotiate a new contract.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi TannyB,

I would recommend speaking to our Loyalty team, they should be able to help - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes