cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to access specific URL since changing TalkTalk router

WayneMar1970
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

TalkTalk swapped out my Router for the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub a few weeks ago and since then I have found that a specific set of URL's that work fine when I'm in the office are no longer accessible (Page not found) when Working from Home. 
I have various bookmarked links but the common denominator appears to be a failure to access the Dassault Systemes login page for  3D Experience ( https://eu1.iam.3dexperience.3ds.com/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.3ds.com%2F ). Is there anything special in this URL that would be blocked in my Router and if so how do I resolve it? 

Wayne 

3DS_Log-In.png
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

The router itself should not block a specific url, so I don't think this will specifically be the router.  Have you tested the links on other devices connected to your router, mobile etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl, 

Just checked and KId Safe is off and nothing else is enabled under homesafe apart from Virus Alerts.

Thanks.

Wayne

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi

Ok, if its set to medium, then that is ok.   

If you log into My Account and check that no Home Safe settings are active as these may block the site.

I have tested from my home TalkTalk connection and can access this, although I do use Google DNS.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

WayneMar1970
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl, 

Thanks for the quick reply. It appears to be set as medium as below..  I temporarily set to low just to test, but I saw the same result.  
FirewallFirewall

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

HI

can you log into the router and check that the firewall level is set to medium (default).

In a handful of cases we found that a recent update had caused this to be set incorrectly to high, so this is the first option to check.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes