cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN Issues SG4K100130

4Jannetta
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hello, 

Recently VPNs have not been connecting from home using any Windows device. I understand there is an issue with Sagemcom routers with firmware SG4K100130 (which is what mine is). Please can I have a replacement router sent out? I work from home doing technical support for schools across my county and I need to be able to test their VPN connections frequently which I am no longer able to do. 

This is using inbuilt Windows 10 VPN functionality, connecting over PPTP VPNs. 

Thanks and Regards

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Disgruntled_User
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Karl, I have had the same issue since last winter. How did you resolve it pls?

Kind regards,

0 Likes

Disgruntled_User
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Hi, I face the same issues since winter. How did you resolve your problem pls?

Kind regards, 

g

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 7

Hello Karl, 

All working now, thank you! I really appreciate the speedy fix. 

Have a good day

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

I've made a change, can you reboot the router and test your VPN connection and tell me if it works.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips