cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN and Router software SG4K100136

JimBoNewt
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 25 of 25

Im not sure if talk talk or the community will read this but our IT department can't connect to my router, we had a previous issue with wifi range as well. They said this is the old firmware SG4K100136. with the VPN. Is it possible to get an upgrade to the firmware or hardware so that I can work from home? is this something I can do myself from a the router?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi Jim,

We sent a different router to rule out any hardware problem with your current router, we don't have a different model that we can send. There are no known issues that I'm aware of with this router that would cause the problems that you are experiencing other than the firewall being set too high as mentioned by Debbie in the previous post.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Chris, This dragging on and I still don't have use of services I previously had so the Ring door bell, Netflix , Amazon , Disney , Sonos, Whats App and work VPN don't connect to the wifi. It has been determined that it is a known router software issue. In the forums it suggested a router upgrade so this was agreed but I have been sent the same router not the latest router. Do you think this is an error or am I missing something. I have spent hours on the phone and chat lines getting this far and don't want to waste anytime changing the router and passwords if it is an error. We are just coming up to another weekend so I would like to get this resolved today. Many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi Jim,

The Sagemcom is the router that we currently supply. I don't know which firmware version that particular router has shipped with but it almost certainly won't be the latest firmware version. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Hi Debbie, 

Thanks the router turned up today but it looks like the same model I already have that has the issues with connectivity and software faults.It has the same model number. Before I start the whole set up process am I likely to end up where I started with this router. Is this the latest router with the updated software?When I renewed with talk talk they said they had the best router but I have had this router for 18 months. Just checking that I haven't been sent the same old router by mistake.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi JimBoNewt

Apologies, I was waiting for your reply from last post. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Hi Debbie,

Did you manage to get the router dispatched?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi JimBoNewt

The firmware may resolve the issue but I can't guarantee this.

Would you like me to send a new router?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

sorry I didn't answer your question. No the VPN hasn't been set up yet. If it helps all items on 2.4ghz channel on the router appear to have an issue.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Do you mean that you can upgrade and get me working today? Would these issues be resolved with a more modern router, this one is old. I also have poor coverage that isn't resolved with the booster plugs. Can you explain how to change the security settings and what are the implications of setting them to a lower level?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Hi JimBoNewt

We've had some customers report an issue with ring door bell and whats app and changing the firewall level resolved the issue.

I can ask our Devices Team to update your router to the next firmware version (coming soon) to see if this resolves the issue. Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

How do I do that, do you think it has set levels high. the streaming works on my laptop and tablet via wifi although the signal is weak upstairs still.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hi JimBoNewt

Just to confirm, is VPN now working?

Could you try changing the firewall level in the router settings to medium to see if this resolves the Ring door bell issue?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

The phone line is working but the not the streaming or ring doorbell. I spent a few hours on the support line with Ring. I ended up buying a new door bell, that had the same issue. The TV is still not working on most streaming services. All have been rebooted, as has the router  several times. Ring said it is the router that is causing the problem and they can't help.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi JimBoNewt

Apologies for the delay.

Is the line working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Staff will be back from Monday, @JimBoNewt.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

JimBoNewt
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 25

Its Saturday night and I now have no Netflix, amazon or Disney working on my TV. it works on my laptop. The Sky element of TV is working.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi

Your line is affected by an Outage currently and this is under investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Debbie, the home phone line is not working. The doorbell is also not working. The IT department are on annual leave so I can't test the other bit. I seem to be able to use my laptop on Wifi

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi JimBoNewt

How's the connection been since the firmware update?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi JimBoNewt

Your router firmware has now updated, please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes