cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN blocked

Deanoholden
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Sometime in the last few days my VPN access has become blocked over TalkTalk. I can connect to it through other providers, over my mobile data network, but not with TalkTalk.

I've tried various devices that have the VPN (laptops, mobiles, wifi-hub that connects directly to it) and none are working any more.

The only thing that looks to have changed is the firmware on my router which is now SG4K100130. It's definitely changed since the last time I logged in a week ago as some of the design aspects look slightly different.

I've read in January posts that some had issues with this firmware and VPN. Can you please look into this asap and update my firmware as per those other users if that is the issue?

I work for an overseas company and so not being able to connect to my VPN is stopping me working at the moment.

Deano
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Dean

That's great 🙂

Your router should now remain on this FW version until new and tested firmware is available.

Thanks

Debbie

Deanoholden
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Debbie,

Wow, that's amazingly quick. Thankyou. I've just checked and the VPN is working again 🙂

Dean.

Deano

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Dean

Apologies for this.

I have made a change to the firmware, please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes