cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN connection issue

RichAA1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

I have been unable to connect to my work VPN from home for a week. My IT department has exchanged my laptop which I can connect via VPN at work, but not at home.  So it is not the laptop. I have tried a wired connection from the router to the laptop but the same issue. I can connect if I tether the laptop to a mobile hotspot on my mobile phone with the wifi off, so it appears to be the wifi or router connection. I have reset the router but still the same issue. Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Good morning,

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi,

I have now been able to connect to the VPN using the new router, so this issue is now resolved.

Thank you

Richard 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi

Please test with the new router,  If still failing, please drop me a PM with the VPN client details, Software version etc.

Also confirm any error messages this gives, and at what point it fails etc, and I'll get this info across to our devices team.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

My IT dept at work have exchanged the laptop and I am still having the same issue. I tested if I could access the VPN tethered to my mobile phone with the Wifi turned off and I could so it does not appear to be an issue with the software on the laptop. IT did check that the version of the VPN was the latest one. 

The new router has now arrived so will try that later today and feed back.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi @RichAA1 

Our Devices Team have asked the below questions:

What steps have been taken to ensure this is not an IT issue?
Developer/SW version of the VPN?
Please share some screenshots etc

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Morning Richard,

Thank you for confirming. We're also looking into this with our Devices Team.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

It is Cisco AnyConnect. If you need anything further let me know. Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Could I also just ask what VPN client you are using please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Richard

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

RichAA1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

Hi Michelle,

Yes, a replacement router would be useful please.

Thanks

Richard

Message 11 of 14

Morning,

I've checked and the router has the latest version of firmware which works ok with VPN. I can see from your post that it was previously working and has now just stopped and that you've also tried factory resetting the router. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

RichAA1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Hi Michelle,

I have updated the profile with contact information for my partner who is the account holder and who will be at home if you need to call. Obviously  I will have to go to work as I'm unable to remote access currently. Would appreciate any help as this situation has been going on for a week, with previously no issues. Thanks 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Rich,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes