cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN not working on new laptop

kzyoung
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have got a new work laptop and am unable to connect to the VPN through my TalkTalk router.

Are you able to please advise if this is a firmware issue? I have reset to factory settings, as advised in other posts but with no luck.

Thanks,

Kath

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi kzyoung

How are you getting on? Can you connect to VPN ok now?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi kzyoung

Sorry for the delay.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7

Thanks so much for trying to help, hopefully it'll be resolved soon!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Ah ok, it may well be the firmware issue then, I use Cisco VPN and that works fine on the standard firmware, but several customers have had issues with other VPNs on this latest firmware. The support team should be able to pick this up tomorrow and may just be able to change your firmware version to resolve this issue.

kzyoung
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

I used to use Cisco VPN with no issues through TalkTalk with my old laptop but I've since moved companies and now have a different VPN with a different laptop which won't connect.

It is a SageCom wifi hub that I have.

Thanks!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @kzyoung,

Is the issue only affecting this new work laptop, i.e. did it work before on a previous machine ?

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this issue can be caused by firmware, but that would not really make sense if it was working fine on a previous machine and has only broken when you got this new laptop.

0 Likes