cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

When will my router arrive

Manny77
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi team,

I was talking to a colleague of yours via phone (can't recall her name but she was amazing, really helpful after having to talk to many different people and get passed to many departments for 5+ hours)

She solved my issues and got my package upgraded, she also arranged for a new router to be sent out. My old one is from a really old package that you no longer offer and I don't think it's compatible/efficient for a future fibre package.

I received an email stating my future fibre line is now active.

The router was supposed to arrive earlier this week but still no sign of it. I haven't even received a tracking email from Yodel yet. 

Would you be able to take a look and give me an idea of when I can expect it to arrive please?

Thanks 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Manny77,

The router you have should be fine. The new router will probably be the Sagemcom but there is little difference in performance between the two and they look pretty much exactly the same

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Yes I spoke with them on Thursday, 28th of April.

I was told it would likely arrive on Tuesday, 3rd of May due to the 2nd being a bank holiday.

I was hoping to avoid trying to use the old router as I have to unpin and re-lay my ethernet cable to use my new future fibre line. I was hoping the new router would be here already so that I can do this and be 100% sure that the router will be efficient and functional.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Manny77,

Unfortunately I don't have access to the system that will allow me to see if the router has been sent but the router you have should work fine with your service. Do you remember what day you spoke to the advisor?

Chris

0 Likes

Manny77
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've updated my details although I have no landline plugged in at the moment.

My current router is the DG8041W-2.T5

While I was talking to your colleague she arranged to send out the new router while I was on the line with her so I assume the order/details are in your system somewhere.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

What is the make and model of your current router please?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes