cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi-Fi Dead Zones/ Replacement Wi-Fi Router

EDraven
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

I've experienced issues with Wi-Fi dead zones in my flat for sometime & to date have rectified the problem by using a Wi-Fi booster.

I currently use a TalkTalk(HG633) router & renewed my TalkTalk contract on 29 August from Fibre 35 to 65. My new contract states the plan included a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Router.

When renewing my contract I was passed through to the TalkTalk technical department to explain the problem. I was advised my current router should be adequate & to wait to see if the upgrade improved Wi-Fi connectivity. If not to call back for further investigation & if required issue of a new router. The length of my call - 59min.

I noticed no improvement in rectifying Wi-Fi dead zones without router being connected to Wi-Fi booster. I have no issue when devices are connected via ethernet cable connection. Speeds are acceptable when I run a speed check & no issues found following a line check.

I called back on 9 September & spoke once again to the technical department & the agent ran a further line check & no issues were found. He stated further checks would be required & he'd call me back on 10 September between 2-4PM.The length of my call - 58min.

I received no call back on 10 September.

I called back yesterday (16/09) & was passed between multiple teams having to repeat my identity details & explain my problem. I was placed on hold for a considerable period of time & continually told 'sorry' when speaking to an agent without my problem being resolved. No one was prepared to take responsibility for my problem. An agent also advised me she would open a compliant case on my behalf, when asked how I would be informed the complaint case had been opened she stated I'd receive an e-mail confirmation. On calling back later in the evening to confirm the complaint case had been raised. I was advised no complaint case had been opened. The length of my call(s) - 2hrs 40min

I understand TalkTalk is a value for money broadband provider. However, the customer service is the poorest I've ever experienced from any company. I'd read online reviews posted by fellow customers & thought them to be extreme, but to experience myself it's left me totally exasperated.

I believe my issue should have been resolved with a 10 minute phone call. My broadband line & speeds are fine. The issue is I require a replacement router to resolve issue of Wi-Fi dead zones as my current router is inadequate without the use of a Wi-Fi booster.

I'd be grateful if I can be advised how to progress my issue & the correct complaints procedure to follow.

Thank you

ED

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi ED

If there is anything else we can help with then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

EDraven
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 15

KeithFrench

Thanks for your offer of assistance, for now I’ll continue to use my Wi-Fi extender to resolve the issue & return the replacement router I recently received.

I’m grateful to you & the community for the assistance I’ve received with this issue, it’s very much appreciated.

ED

Message 3 of 15

Hi ED

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that @KeithFrench has offered to help. Keith provides really good advice on improving wireless performance.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 15

If the problem still exists with the new router I can help with this.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are now using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 15

The router boxes are all generic brown now for better recycling. No information necessary on return as the serial number will be matched to your account.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

EDraven
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 15

I have been premature in assuming my issue had been resolved.

I continue to experience the same issue (Wi-Fi dead zones) with the replacement router (replacement Wi-Fi Hub router appears to be a refurbished item received in generic brown box).

I've resorted once more to using my Wi-Fi extender to resolve the issue. I doubt I'm going to finally resolve this issue without moving the location of my router which is impracticable due to trailing cables.

When returning the replacement router what information must I provide?

Thanks

ED

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi

Glad to hear the router has resolved the issue.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

EDraven
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 15

Hi Debbie-Talk Talk

Yes - Replacement router received on Wednesday(21/09).

I very much appreciate the quick response & delivery.

The replacement router has resolved my Wi-Fi 'dead zone' issues.

I'm extremely grateful for your help & assistance to resolve this issue.

Thank you

ED

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi EDraven

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 15

Hi EDraven

Apologies for the delay.

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

EDraven
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

Thanks 'KeithFrench' I'm extremely grateful for your intervention.

ED

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

Not being a legal expert, I would agree with you. I will ask the TalkTalk support staff on here to deal with it for you. May not be until after the Bank Holiday now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

EDraven
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Yes - (extract from contract below - services and equipment)
------------------------------------
TalkTalk Fibre 65
Contract summary
· This contract summary provides the main elements of this service offer as required by UK law.
· It helps to make a comparison between service offers.
· Complete information about the service is provided in other documents.
Services and equipment
Your TalkTalk Fibre 65 plan includes Landline.
Our TalkTalk Wi-Fi Router is included.
------------------------------------

Thanks for your assistance, it's much appreciated.

ED

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Do you have it in writing that you were promised a new router & crucially did it mention a Wi-Fi Hub?

Keith

0 Likes