cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi router regularly dropping out and now freezing

rlwoufc1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Currently enduring daily issues with router (mostly late evenings/overnight) when connection is lost. On last two occasions the router is displaying solid white light and cannot be reset by pushing on/off switch - effectively frozen up. Only remedy is to remove power cable and then reset.

Have spoken to Technical team virtually daily for last 6 days or so on Live chat, checked everything, done factory reset etc etc., but still problem continues!

Any other suggestions please?

Router is Sagemcom FAST 5364 -3 T8 so a few years old!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @rlwoufc1 

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can send you a replacement router but it will most likely arrive after the engineer visit you have booked.

If this is a TalkTalk engineer visit then they will be able to swap the router for you.

0 Likes

rlwoufc1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Remote technical guys unable to get to bottom of it so engineer visit booked for 23/10!

In meantime connection keeps dropping (late evening/overnight normally) and router freezes? 

Seems a great reluctance to swap out router and eliminate that as a potential cause?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

The support team here will be happy to help when they are back online tomorrow. 

0 Likes

rlwoufc1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the comments! Yes I've done the pinhole reset on the advice of the Tech team, but within 8hrs the connection dropped again and router froze with solid white line still on. No other option other than to take out power cable and restart again. Very frustrating! Looks like I'll be back onto the Tech team again tomorrow morning when live chat reopens.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

You say you have done a factory reset. Was this via the router web homepage or by the pin hole reset?

A pin reset is a factory reset and will put the router back to factory settings, albeit with the latest firmware.

With the router on use a pin and press this in the hole until the router restarts. Passwords are set back to initial values 

Hope it helps but if not, or you have already tried this, then do a line check via My Account to see if there are any issues.

Let us know how you get on please.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes