Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

broadband

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Participant

had a few months of connection, after last complaint, now back to repeatedly losing internet. Please refer to previous blogs for history of problems. The line needs optimising, there is no problem with the router etc.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Rob

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If this keeps happening and you have tested with a different router at the test socket then we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I have optimised your connection this morning and the sync speed has increased.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie,

It's difficult to know what to say, this has happened so many times. Back to very slow speeds, unstable connection, and crackling phone line. I don't have the time or patience to keep doing this, please arrange it so I can recieve the service I am paying for. The last engineer found no fault, and clearly said it was down to optimisation of the line and I can't understand why this isn't monitored and adjusted as necessary, rather than waiting for me to make another complaint.

Thanks

Rob

Highlighted

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply.

DLM is monitoring the connection to get the best balance between speed and stability. 

I have asked our Network Team to take a look at DLM and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Ok thanks, I hope it helps.

Rob

Highlighted

Hi Rob

Our Network Team have checked the connection stats and have advised the following:

The line is showing stable, no line issues identified after testing. 

No drops in connection since 7th apart from DLM resets at 3am. 

The customer has a long line and therefore can not handle great speeds. Currently getting 3MB.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie,

Speeds are at times unusably slow, and connection very unrelaible. I don't know where this leaves me. The problem is the same as it had been each time on and off for months, very poor stability and speeds consistantly lower than I am paying for. I am not expecting miracles, I just want 4Mps and a reliable connection, without having to continuously hassle Talk Talk to give me what I am paying for, it's like only ever getting half a cup of coffee, poor service as the supplier must know what they are offering. Please arrange for compensation for loss of service.

Thanks

Rob

Rob

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie,

Speeds are at times unusably slow, and connection very unrelaible. I don't know where this leaves me. The problem is the same as it had been each time on and off for months, very poor stability and speeds consistantly lower than I am paying for. I am not expecting miracles, I just want 4Mps and a reliable connection, without having to continuously hassle Talk Talk to give me what I am paying for, it's like only ever getting half a cup of coffee, poor service as the supplier must know what they are offering. Please arrange for compensation for loss of service.

Thanks

Rob

Rob

Highlighted

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is fibre available to you at all?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Would have done that months ago if it was available. Not your fault, but living in  a rural location means there's not enough density of population for providers to bother supplying a good service too, because profit margins are small. For me this is proof that profit lies above service, and they accept that a few people like me will complain. So in 21st century UK I cant get above 3Mbps and the connection is unstable, even though I live a few miles outside a town. And I repeat, I still am not receiving the service I pay for 3 to 5 Mbps on demand.

Highlighted

Hi Rob,

No, I understand. We can try and arrange an engineer visit to see if they can improve the speed any further, however we can't guarantee that they would be able to do so. Would you like us to try and arrange this for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Michelle,

Yes please.

Rob

Highlighted

Hi Rob

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Rob,

I've replied to your PM requesting a little more information 

Chris