Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnecting

spirit1
Chat Champion
Message 10 of 10

broadband has been disconnecting randomly lately..

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Glad this helped.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

spirit1
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 10

thanks backup to 38mbps after 30 minute router off.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Test is clear and sync is showing at 40mb. If download speed has dropped on a wired connection, turn router off for 30 minutes to clear the session then try a couple of fresh speed tests.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

spirit1
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 10

download speed has droppped to 24mbps down from 37 38 mbps.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

I can se there is a broadband fault open with Openreach. Last fibre test before the booking was showing an issue with an external copper joint so an engineer should clear this fault usually within 24-48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

spirit1
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 10

both loose connection, lights blink off and on white to amber, turned off router over night to see if it would help, when i turned back on this morning connection was there, but for how long? ill update when it disconnects again, had email saying openreach would look at the exchange in 2 or 3 days.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

Are wired devices losing connection or only wifi ?

do the lights go off or start to flash on the router ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

spirit1
Chat Champion
Message 8 of 10

iv tried all the usual fixes, its disconnectiong like every 20 or 30 minutes.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @spirit1,

Is this affecting devices connected 'wired' or 'wireless' (or both) ?

What do the light(s) do on the router when you have this issue ?

What model of router do you have ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes