cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

fibre

jsz1952
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I tried to upgrade to fibre broadband but wanted to keep my landline.  I was then told that there were no packages available.  Does anyone know if it will be possible in the future? 

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi jsz1952

The packages available to you,  include VOIP call the loyalty team on 03451720088 The will be able to see what options are available.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Keeping the landline phone has only been available on a case by case basis, or if you are currently needing it because of accessibility needs etc, @jsz1952.

However, to keep that same number, but using VOIP technology, you would need to order via Chat or phoning 03451 720088. 

You do need to speak directly with Talktalk about this, not just using the checker.

Opening hours are displayed in a link at the end of this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

jsz1952
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

Thanks for your reply.  I'II explain more clearly what happened.  I went onto TT site and looked for upgrades and then was asked for my postcode.  I was then told I could get fibre and was given 3 diiferent packages.  I selected the first one and then the options were do you want to keep your landline or not.  I chose, keep the landline, because I would like to keep my landline phone, and pressed continue.  Then a message  came up saying there was no packages available at the moment.  .

Thanks again,

John

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If you mean keep the copper line for the phone, if it's available it is only an interim measure, @jsz1952.

Otherwise, you can continue with the same number using VOIP but it needs to be ordered at the same time as the upgrade to Full Fibre.

If "computer says no" for Full Fibre with Talktalk in your area, you just need to keep using the checker to see if it has become available. No crystal balls for knowing when exactly that will be. Talktalk uses a number of different infrastructure suppliers, not only Openreach. 

Some of it will be market driven in the area, and 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes