cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

router restarting

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 45

Hi All,

My router has been restarting several times a day and my speed has dropped right down DL is now 18.2 it was 58.7 my router is a sagemcom fast 5364.

Talktalk sent out a engineer on 11/08/22 he replaced master socket from a NTE5 for a 5c master socket but i am still having the same fault talktalk have done another line test and sent me a text message saying no fault found.

This is what i have tried to fix problem

1) changed cables (fault still there)

2) removed ethernet cables from router (fault still there)

3) replaced tv no longer using talktalk youview box (fault still there)

4) connected to internet with another pc (fault still there)

Can i replace my router with another make ? if so what one ? if not how can i get talktalk to send me another one ?.

I have spoken to the people next door and they told me they had the same trouble so changed to another provider because talktalk could not sort it.

Can anyone advise me how to get this sorted i am fed up of my router restarting while i am online/watching i players,prime video ect.

Dave

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 45

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the info i will see how things go over the next few days i will then check out what my options are.

The way i see it at the moment i have 3 options,

1) arrange engineer visit (may cost £50)

2) see out my contract with poor service (6 months to go approx.)

3) check out if i can cancel contract early (on the grounds that i am not getting service that i should)

Is there anything else i can do my end to try and sort things out ?.

Thank you again for your help.

Davepw   

0 Likes

Message 22 of 45

Hi Dave,

It's explained in the following help article when you would and wouldn't be charged -  Engineers charges - If you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 23 of 45

Hi Chris,

Will i have to pay for another engineer visit ? i had engineer visit on 9/8/22 and he replaced master socket.

Go ahead and book engineer visit so long as i do not have to pay for it i can not have visit on a Monday or Wednesday.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 24 of 45

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that connection is still dropping, would you like us to arrange an engineer visit to investigate?

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 25 of 45

Hi Chris,

Just want to let you know the router restarted about 7 times from 4pm can you find out what was going on ?.

Also can you cancel the tv part of my package as i no longer use it ?.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 26 of 45

OK thanks. If it continues to drop and/or the speed doesn't improve just let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 27 of 45

Hi Chris,

Ok thanks for that i will keep eye on things also i just want to let you know that the router has just restarted.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 28 of 45

Yes the upstream is a bit low. I'd see how it goes over the next couple of days and let us know if it doesn't improve

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 29 of 45

Hi Chris,

I have seen no restarts since my last post i have just done a speed test the results was

Download 32.9

Upload 5.00

Download is much better Upload seems a little low what do you think ?.

I will keep eye on things and report back any changes.

Davepw 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 45

Hi Dave,

There are some disconnections but it's much improved over the last couple of days, also your sync speed has improved and is now 35Mbps. How has it been at your end since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 31 of 45

Hi All,

This is just an update to my router restarting trouble.

I have set up my replacement  router it restarted once on day of setup it has not restarted in the last couple of days that i have seen i have not been here all the time so it may have restarted while i have not been here i do not know if there is anyway i can check if it has restarted while i have not been here.

I will keep eye on it over the next few days and report back.

My speed is still well below what it should be has stated in my first message can it be turned up ?.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 32 of 45

Hi Dave,

The router was dispatched yesterday. If you'd like the tracking number could you please reply to my PM with the requested information 

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 33 of 45

Hi Chris,

Ok can you send me tracking number when there is one Thanks.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 34 of 45

Hi Dave,

A tracking number hasn't been generated yet but it's on track to be dispatched tonight

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 35 of 45

Hi Chris,

Thank you for doing that is there anyway i can track the parcel or find out when it is due to reach me as i am out a lot ?.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 36 of 45

Hi Dave,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 37 of 45

Hi Chris,

Yes please arrange for another router to be sent for me to try.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 38 of 45

Hi Dave,

We could try another router to see if this has any effect on the noise and stability of the connection. Would you like me to arrange to send one?

Chris

0 Likes

Davepw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 39 of 45

Hi Debbie,

Sorry for delay with reply i had to wait until noise was on phone line as it is not always there one thing i have noticed is that the noise is worse when it is raining.

I have done the test that you asked me to do and can confirm that the noise is still there when pluging phone into test socket.

Also when the router restarted it’s self this morning at 9:25 and 9:30 i checked the phone line while it was restarting and there was no noise on the line.

Davepw

0 Likes

Message 40 of 45

Hi Dave

Noise on the line can affect the BB connection.

Is the noise still present if you connect the phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

0 Likes