cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

set top box

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I had a problem with my router so was sent a new one s/n 2153035991QUL7034228. I returned the old one plus all the leads. I have now had an email asking me to return the set top box s/n D4Q8W1862790139! I was never sent a replacement so am confused. Also since Monday I can't access the guide or apps. The message says there is no internet connection and to reboot my router which I have. It was fine the day before. Can anyone help with these two queries. Thanks

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

I'm not saying it was not working, just that the TV Boxes we provide are not WiFi, so must be connected physically to the router.

Take a look at the TV box, there should be a cable coming out of the back of the TV box and this will either go to the router, if that is nearby, or if the router is a small distance away, the cable may go to a small adapter in one of the plug sockets.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

But the set top box has been working with all routers from you including the latest one up to a few days ago. How come it worked then? It has all the time I have had the box. 

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

HI

our TV boxes do not use wifi, so should be connected to the router directly with a cable or via adapters that use your plug sockets.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

It is by Wifi and sorry don't know what you mean by Powerline adaptors. I have had it working the same way and now suddenly it isn't. I am not very good with technology!!

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

The communication regarding return of the box has been sent in error and can be ignored.

As for the other issue, how is the TV box connected to the router?

Do you use Powerline Adapters ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes