cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

speed problem

Lesman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 157 of 157

Hello.

I have a contract for a Fiber35 package. The download speed is about 27 Mbps and the upload speed is about 6 Mbps. On February 23, the speed suddenly dropped to about 13 Mbps to the router and 11 Mbps to the PC. A line check showed a problem. On March 2, an engineer arrived. After his visit, the speeds did not change much and the line test continued to show the problem. After about three weeks, the line test shows that everything is fine, but the speeds to the router are 18 Mbps and to the computer 15 to 16 Mbps. This situation continues to this day. I don't understand why the speeds can't go back to normal as they were according to the subscription, and it's been over a month! My neighbor has Internet on the same network and still has normal speeds and we are connected the same way!! I do not understand! I'm still using the original router and cables I received when I first connected, and why is the speed difference 2 to 3 Mbps? Please explain this problem to me and help me get back to normal.

0 Likes
156 REPLIES 156

Message 101 of 157

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. The line test is still detecting a potential external line fault and I can see that the connection looks unstable and that the sync speed is also varying. I've escalated this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed and we will re-check the fault first thing in the morning for any additional updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 102 of 157

Landline calls are clear. The router periodically searches for a connection to the network.

Regards.   Les

0 Likes

Message 103 of 157

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which has detected a possible fault. Just before we pass this over, could you confirm if the voice service is ok with no noise on the line please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 104 of 157

To clarify the problem information: August 28 The current download speed is about 4 Mbps and upload speed is about 7 Mbps. I don't understand why the upload speed is higher than the download speed?

Regards  Les

0 Likes

Lesman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 105 of 157

To clarify the problem information: The current download speed is about 4 Mbps and upload speed is about 7 Mbps. I don't understand why the upload speed is higher than the download speed?

Regards  Les

0 Likes

Message 106 of 157

Most staff are away till Tuesday, @Lesman.

Re-escalated for their attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 107 of 157

Hello Michelle

On Friday, August 25, the internet connection dropped twice and the speed dropped from 29 Mbps to 21 Mbps. On Saturday, August 28, the speed returned to about 29 Mbps. Sunday, August 27 - the internet keeps breaking down, the speed drops to about 8 Mbps. I did a line test and got a message that there is a problem with the line. I don't count how many times this year this problem repeats itself, but it's getting annoying. Can't you fix this line once and for good so that these problems don't happen again?

Restarting the router does not change the situation.

Regards   Les

0 Likes

Message 108 of 157

Good afternoon,

Thanks for confirming and please let us know if you do need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 109 of 157

Hello Michelle

On Friday, I turned off and on the router and the speed reached about 29 Mbps. Over the weekend I was controlling speed. On Saturday, the speed reached 30 - 31 Mbps and has remained so to this day. I took the measurement about 15 minutes ago. I hope this will be the end of the problems. I think the limit of problems has already been exhausted.

Thank you for your help.

Regards  Les

0 Likes

Message 110 of 157

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 111 of 157

@Comstock1977 ,

You appeared to be complaining that the speed you were getting was lower than the guaranteed minimum you had been quoted (by means which you refuse to divulge), but this figure was different from what support staff could see on their systems, meaning that the help they were able to offer you was limited.

There is a complaints process outlined on TalkTalk's website and, as I said, the CEOs contact details are freely available so the OP has always had that option.

Also, I'm not sure what a "none employee" is. My best guess is that you mean "non-employee".

0 Likes

Message 112 of 157

Hi Ally.

My compensation was decided by an independant body. An arbiter. Talk Talk agreed & The apology and compo didnt state i was misinformed, either. You appear to be.

Also you do not know the entirety of my complaint - because, i refuse to divulge outside of Talk Talk, and it has nothing to do with you as a none employee.

As this user is experiencing what i was offered, from this forum and call centre:-

Im offering this user an option, instead of a wheel of confusion and pretty poor advice here.

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 113 of 157

@Comstock1977 ,

Firstly, the OP can get contact details for the CEOs office quite easily using any search engine. It's not a national secret.

Secondly, I think your own issue was quite different. As I recall, there was never anything wrong with your line. You never actually got the speed increased because you are getting the fastest speed your line can physically support. Your issue was that you were previously mis-informed that your line was capable of faster speeds (although you refused to reveal who informed you of that) and you got (very generous) compensation for that administrative error.

0 Likes

Message 114 of 157

Hi Lesman

Whilst youre waiting for a fix, every 3 months, would you like to contact details of the directors office, to get maybe some compensation?

This isnt spam, i did this in 21/22.

Let me know, im still with talk talk and try to help people experiencing similar to what happened to me -test sockets, new routers, open reach and calls to the call centre, oh and line tests saying everything is fine? Sound familiar?

Let me know

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 115 of 157

Hi

try the power down and see how it goes over the weekend.

If no improvement then an engineer may be required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 116 of 157

Sorry, I was away from home. When I got back, I did as you said. The speed increased to about 27 Mbps, and today it is about 28 Mbps. I was supposed to do that earlier, but after two or three days the speed dropped to around 20 Mbps. Should I now repeat turn off - turn on the router? 

Les

0 Likes

Message 117 of 157

Hi

The profile is set correctly at 40, can you power off the router for 30 minutes so I can see if the sync rate increases, if not I'll need to pull the DLM logs for the last couple of days to check for errors and pass this across to openreach.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 118 of 157

For the last two days the speed was around 30 Mbps, today it dropped to around 21 Mbps. The situation repeats itself - after repair, 2 to 3 days are good and return to the old situation.
Regards.  Les

0 Likes

Message 119 of 157

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how your connection has been?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 120 of 157

Hi Lesman

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved.

Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes