cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

speed problem

Lesman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 157 of 157

Hello.

I have a contract for a Fiber35 package. The download speed is about 27 Mbps and the upload speed is about 6 Mbps. On February 23, the speed suddenly dropped to about 13 Mbps to the router and 11 Mbps to the PC. A line check showed a problem. On March 2, an engineer arrived. After his visit, the speeds did not change much and the line test continued to show the problem. After about three weeks, the line test shows that everything is fine, but the speeds to the router are 18 Mbps and to the computer 15 to 16 Mbps. This situation continues to this day. I don't understand why the speeds can't go back to normal as they were according to the subscription, and it's been over a month! My neighbor has Internet on the same network and still has normal speeds and we are connected the same way!! I do not understand! I'm still using the original router and cables I received when I first connected, and why is the speed difference 2 to 3 Mbps? Please explain this problem to me and help me get back to normal.

0 Likes
156 REPLIES 156

Message 121 of 157

Hi Lesman

This fault is still with Openreach, there are no additional updates at the moment, sorry.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 122 of 157

Hi Lesman

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been passed to Openreach and is under investigation with a line engineer.

We will continue to monitor for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 123 of 157

Staff will pick up the thread again after the weekend, @Lesman.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 124 of 157

Hi Chris

Thanks for the advice. The speed returned to about 30 Mbps but after two days (today) it was back to the old 19 - 20 Mbps. I did a line test and got an error message - "fault description -We are working on your fault, Status- In-progress ,Date reported -05/08/2023, Fault reference number- REP-13232462". I don't understand any of this because I got the same message about a week ago. Regards. Les

0 Likes

Message 125 of 157

Hi Lesman,

Line test is passing but showing some reconnections. Can you switch your router off and leave it off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 126 of 157

After the last fix, the speed was at 34 Mbps, but unfortunately good can't last long. It started to decline gradually. Currently it oscillates between 17 and 20 Mbps. I don't understand anything about this situation. This is the fourth time this year. Can't you really do it once and forget about the problem? About three days ago I did a line test and some problem came up. I do not know where the problem is - with the Internet provider, in the network itself or the quality of the repairs performed. The fact is that it has been raining the last few days. But that probably shouldn't matter. I've been your customer for more than 10 years, but the situation is becoming irritating this year. Please help what should I do next.  Les

0 Likes

Message 127 of 157

Hi Les

If the fault only occurs when it rains then it could be an exposed cable.

If the fault does happen again then please let us know and we can arrange an engineer visit and add to the notes that the fault appears to be weather related.

0 Likes

Message 128 of 157

Hi Michelle

Today, the internet has returned to its parameters. Everything is fine. I don't understand where the problem is that a little more rain and the internet breaks down. Sending an engineer to me now is unnecessary, the internet has its own parameters.

Regards.

Les

0 Likes

Message 129 of 157

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see that the sync speed has started varying and there are a few re-connections showing on the line. If the set up hasn't changed then we can arrange an engineer visit. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

Message 130 of 157

Hi Debbie

It's been about three months since the last fix and the problem is back. A few days ago, the speed dropped from 34 Mbps to 14 Mbps, but returned to normal. Today it rained all day and the speed dropped from 34 Mbps to 6 Mbps. I don't understand any of it. A little rain and the internet breaks? I've done all the tests at home and the results are similar. I ran the connection test and received information that everything is fine! Weird. I used another site to check the internet speed and the result is the same. I don't understand why with such a slow download speed, the upload speed is so much faster?

Please help.

Les

0 Likes

Message 131 of 157

Hi Les

I'm so glad to hear this. If you do experience any further issues with the connection/speed then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 132 of 157

Hi Debbie

Since April 12 after the repair, the internet speed is fine until today. It keeps a good level all the time.

Regards.  Les

0 Likes

Message 133 of 157

Hi Lesman

Has the connection/speed been ok since your last post?

In regards to compensation, further information can be found here About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Message 134 of 157

Hi Debbie

Finally, after two months, my internet was back to normal. For two days it has been reaching speeds of up to 30 Mbps. On April 11 and 12, the engineer looked for the problem and finally found it. However, for two months I was paying full fees which were not adequate to the service I received.

Regards.  Les

0 Likes

Message 135 of 157

Hi Lesman

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 136 of 157

@Comstock1977 ,

Your issue was not in any way the same as this one.

In your case the staff on the forum were unable to assist as the speed you were getting was above the guaranteed minimum recorded on their systems. There is no technical fault. You are getting the fastest speed your line can support. The only anomaly is that you say you were previously promised a faster speed and, as I said on your own topic, you have managed to get yourself extremely generous compensation for that piece of misinformation.

@Lesman has not been "mis-sold" anything. A fault has developed with their service, and they appear to have an Engineer booked who will hopefully get it rectified.

Comstock1977
Team Player
Private Message
Message 137 of 157

Hello

I had the same issue in 2021 - the chat is here:-

bought fibre 65 got fibre 38 - Page 3 - TalkTalk Help & Support

If you click on page 1 you will see i got £150 compensation   - and a further discount in year 2.

Done engage here you will be advised to use the test socket and simply be told by TT and its helpers to accept this.

Contact the directors office -i can post the address if you like, you will then go above people on this forum and get some cash  - yopu have been mis sold, you will be compensated if you contact H/O.

Have a read of my thread and ignore anything that mentions a test socket - youll be in a test socket limbo forever.

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 138 of 157

Thanks. I've booked the engineer for - April 11 2023, PM - please let us know how you get on 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 139 of 157

Yes, I accept.

This will be the engineer's second visit for the same problem. I think it's effective.

Every day after 12 pm I am at home.

0 Likes

Message 140 of 157

OK thanks. Could you just confirm that you accept potential engineer charges and let us know when you can be available for the visit and we'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes