cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

speed problem

Lesman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 157 of 157

Hello.

I have a contract for a Fiber35 package. The download speed is about 27 Mbps and the upload speed is about 6 Mbps. On February 23, the speed suddenly dropped to about 13 Mbps to the router and 11 Mbps to the PC. A line check showed a problem. On March 2, an engineer arrived. After his visit, the speeds did not change much and the line test continued to show the problem. After about three weeks, the line test shows that everything is fine, but the speeds to the router are 18 Mbps and to the computer 15 to 16 Mbps. This situation continues to this day. I don't understand why the speeds can't go back to normal as they were according to the subscription, and it's been over a month! My neighbor has Internet on the same network and still has normal speeds and we are connected the same way!! I do not understand! I'm still using the original router and cables I received when I first connected, and why is the speed difference 2 to 3 Mbps? Please explain this problem to me and help me get back to normal.

0 Likes
156 REPLIES 156

Message 1 of 157

Morning Les,

That's excellent news 🙂 Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Lesman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 157

Hi Michelle

Speed test and other test functions also started working properly.

The "magic wand" worked and everything works fine.👍🌷

Les

0 Likes

Message 3 of 157

Hi Les,

I'm really glad to hear this and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved and your speeds have improved 🙂 I've chased the My Connection team now about the speed tester issue and I will post back here as soon as they reply with an update.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 157

Hi Michelle

Two days ago, the replacement of a section of the main line (approximately 25 meters) was completed.

There is good news.

The speed returned to normal - about 33 Mbps. It is now possible to check the speed on the TalkTalk website through my account. My neighbor's internet speed has also increased. So the problem was still in the main line cable. I think so.

I hope that my internet problems that have been going on since April last year are finally over.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Les

0 Likes

Message 5 of 157

Hi Les,

Just a quick post to let you know that I've not forgotten your thread and we'll re-check first thing in the morning when we should receive another update from Openreach.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 157

Morning Les,

We've received a further update to advise that further dig work is required to fix a buried joint. We've been advised that the next update is due on 13/03 so we'll check back on this date for a further update for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 157

Hi Les

We will re escalate the speed checker issues once the fault has been resolved,

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 157

Hi Debbie

Thank you for the information. Currently, the earthworks are being carried out by Openreach. However, I still can't check the speed through my account. I informed about it on February 23.

Regards

Les

0 Likes

Message 9 of 157

Hi Lesman

I've contacted Openreach this morning for an update and they have advised that the engineer will be working on this fault today and further updates will be available on the end of the day.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 157

Hi Michelle

Thank you for the information.

I will wait patiently for the problem to be resolved.

Regards.

Les

Message 11 of 157

Hi again,

I've checked again and there are no further updates and we're still awaiting an update on the dig work. If we don't hear anymore by Monday morning then we can contact Openreach for an update for you.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 157

Morning Les,

No additional updates as yet so I will check again in a few hours.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 157

Hi Les,

The latest update we've received is that dig work is required to resolve this particular fault. No estimated resolution date provided at the moment but it's still in hand with the engineers and we will check again tomorrow for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 157

Hi Les,

I'm glad to hear that Openreach have been in touch. I'll check this afternoon to see if we have received an estimated resolution date and will post back with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 157

Thank you for the information.

The engineer said that the problem has not been fixed - there is a need to replace or repair some element on the line. I don't know what, it's technical nomenclature.  Maybe this will be fixed next week.

Regards

Les

0 Likes

Message 16 of 157

Afternoon Les,

I've checked again and there are no additional updates as yet and the fault is still with the Openreach line engineer. We'll check this again in the morning and we should hopefully know more by then.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 157

Morning Les,

I've re-checked the fault and I can see that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning. I'll check again this afternoon for any additional updates.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 157

Hello,

Thanks for testing and confirming. As the line test is still detecting a potential voice fault externally, I've passed this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. A voice fault can affect the broadband connection so we would need to clear this voice fault first. We'll check first thing in the morning for an update for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 157

The dial tone is audible but not clear. You can hear gentle noises.

Les

0 Likes

Message 20 of 157

Hi Les,

Thanks for the update. One of the line tests is now showing a possible voice fault. Is there currently a dial tone on the voice service with no noise please?

Michelle

0 Likes